BSA Mike
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:58:12 PM
Well, i hear from a very reliable source, that those models belonged to none other then..........

The Late Ed Gregory ....

Don Cummons said that the only person he really ever shipped to in nashville was good ole' ed, and that he would put the models off the the side and give them away has presents and such....that could explain the ones from the 80's/early 90's...and also explain the b.s. auctions [;)]
Donnaeli
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 5:53:49 PM
Hi,

This is Donna. One of the three partners in the Cummon's auctions. Just wanted to let you guys know that we are in no way manipulating the auctions. We are watching them just as closely as you guys are and it is very interesting. I think you will be very surprised in the end if Packer Boy decides to let you know who he is. 🙂 My husband and I sell on E-Bay as user name Webefreaks. We have 292 unique positive feedbacks at 100%. We would never manipulate the auctions. As far as the history on the rides, we have no connection with whomever owned them before us.

The user name we are using for the auction is our partner, Doug. He and my husband work together. He wanted to get started selling on E-Bay so I have sat with him and taught him how to list all of this stuff. That is why he has 0 feedback and we put in the auction that it was in conjunction with us.

There is no drama behind these auctions other than the bidding that will probably get hairy near the end. :-)

We know what we want for the rides so there is a reserve on all of them. It does us no good to have them sitting at our house. We want them to sell. If you reach the reserve, it is yours. I don't know what else to say?

Good luck to everyone!

Donna
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:01:39 PM
hmm,. ed gregory, explains the bid rigging, and the missing skywheel.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:05:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Donnaeli

I think you will be very surprised in the end if Packer Boy decides to let you know who he is. 🙂

Hmmm....somebody who likes his womens clothing....
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:19:23 PM
how did that song go?? thong th thong th thong (bad sisco there)
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Steve F.
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:22:10 PM
A dodgy auction for sure ! ! !

These rides were on ebay a few years ago. None of them were sold because they set the reserves so high. Its a shame because at that time there was little demand for them (maybe there still is) and it would have been nice to have that Tempest.

BSA Mike
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:29:58 PM
^^ look who pops up....Welcome back steve...

i also want the tempest [8D]
Donnaeli
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:32:01 PM
Hi,

Donna again. Thought I would give you some history on these rides as far as I know it. When we got these boxes, all but two were unopened. We have never seen the skywheel ride. We were able to identify the base from the Cummon's site. We don't know what happened to the merry go round or the sky wheel?

These rides could never have been up for auction before as we opened the original boxes.

I think you will see that there are several different people bidding who have quite a bit of positive feedback. I believe, when the bidding is all over, it will show that there has been no underhanded tactics in these auctions.

I truly believe that some of the people who have the 300.00 or more bids right now were trying to reach the reserves and are now sitting back and waiting until the end. But that is just my opinion.

As always, good luck.

Donna
cny_chris
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:52:01 PM
Those interested in the Gravitron better bid quick... take note that it is only a 3 day auction.....
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:16:31 AM
Suddenly reserves are being met. Like the Super Loop, last night at $380, reserve not met, now $391 and reserve met. So the reserve was between $380 and $391? Does not seem likely. I wonder if the reserves were changed to make it easier for certain people to get the models. I could be wrong, but very interesting in who is winning most of the bids....one person. lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Donnaeli
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:52:34 AM
Dear Skywheelrider:

The reserve on the Super Loop was 300.00, just like all of the other one are and will be. No big mystery. ;-)

Donna
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:10:45 AM
Okay, I can buy that (no pun intended) on all but the Super Loops. I only say that because it was at $380 less than 24 hours ago and the reserve was not met, and now it is up to $391 (only $11 higher) and the reserve suddenly is met. Just seems strange to be, and if the reserve on the Super Loops is $300, then based on what I saw yesterday afternoon, it had to have been lowered. Just from my own observations. I know, seems kinda silly to be so trivial, but really this is the first time I have ever seen more than one Cummons model show up on Ebay, and with so many going all at once, lots of people are interested, especially since Cummons Models are like the Rolls Royce's of modeling. I still say too bad the Sky Wheel is gone, I probably would have bid on it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:18:41 AM
chris, the reserve for the super loops has been met since early yesterday afternoon, @ 391 the reserve WAS met...
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:22:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

I still say too bad the Sky Wheel is gone, I probably would have bid on it.

Hurl ,
Pssssppp..... I got your skywheel & you can quote me on it if need be.[;)] ( No B.S.)[:0]

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:27:11 AM
Yes, I know that about the reserve being met now at $391, what I am saying is that I looked at the models yesterday afternoon and the bid was at $380 and it said the reserve had not been met, and then Donna said $300 was the reserve, so I found that strange that if true, why would a bid of $380 say the reserve was not met? Look back on the first page of this topic, I commented on the Super Loops being at $380, and look at the time I posted it. I posted the message within a couple of minutes of seeing the bid. Strange....