korny_carny
Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:19:33 PM
does anyone else have problems loading the images?
korny_carny
Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:43:54 PM
it hasnt worked for me for about 3 days now..
cny_chris
Monday, December 20, 2004 1:18:08 AM
Been working fine for me...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Boils The Clown
Monday, December 20, 2004 2:58:34 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Sometimes they work fine for me and other days none of them work for me, I think its just AOL tho,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tre in ga

Just on a side note , True Fact, .....AOL is a phony internet. Meaning that when you log on , you have to go through their filters & what such.(Babysat) It's possible to find a backdoor & get to the full internet.I can post something to show what I mean ....(Proof) but I Fear in getting a Pie to my gee-haw if I mistakenly Hi-Jack this Topic. If Interested Pm ME .
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, December 20, 2004 7:11:10 AM
working fine for me
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
squirrel
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:04:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Just on a side note , True Fact, .....AOL is a phony internet. Meaning that when you log on , you have to go through their filters & what such.(Babysat) It's possible to find a backdoor & get to the full internet.I can post something to show what I mean ....(Proof) but I Fear in getting a Pie to my gee-haw if I mistakenly Hi-Jack this Topic. If Interested Pm ME .

All you have to do to bypass AOL's proxy network is to use a third party web broswer after you sign on to AOL. Connect (dial-up or broadband) and MINIMIZE AOL (sent it to the taskbar). Then open up your trusty Internet Explorer or Firefox Browser and poof -- no more AOL restriction. You connect directly to the server without connecting through AOL's proxy network. It's no big secret -- I did it for years before I got a real internet connection through Comcast...
Boils The Clown
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:10:05 PM
Right that's a way to go around AOL of course, But what I was meaning was AOL is a phony internet (in general) If the user is using aol only as the browser for the web. (In which, I know people that only go this route.)

BTW - Why does AOL , not provide you with a IP address if you request & ask for it ?
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
squirrel
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:27:45 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Boils The Clown

Right that's a way to go around AOL of course, But what I was meaning was AOL is a phony internet (in general) If the user is using aol only as the browser for the web. (In which, I know people that only go this route.)

BTW - Why does AOL , not provide you with a IP address if you request & ask for it ?

How do you mean why do they not provide you with an IP address? AOL owns millions of IP addresses. The deal with the proxy servers is that they cache pages so as to REDUCE the load on AOL's network. That's how they get away with having fewer backbone connections and endpoints in their IP maps. If you want to find your AOL IP address (the one you connected with), all you have to do (with Windows 2000 or XP) is to connect to the AOL, then open up a DOS box (Start:Run:cmd.exe) and type the command ipconfig /all -- it will reveal your complete internet connection settings (IP addresses for ALL network adapters in your machine) as well as current name server addresses (DNS Servers) and so on.

The only way this may not be accurate is if you are running a hardware router/firewall between your computer and a broadband modem (cable/DSL)... I'll move this all to a different topic if anyone is really interested...

PS: A TCP/IP network is a TCP/IP network (AOL/MSN/Any ISP in the world) -- what matters is how they distrubute and route their network connections to the internet backbone.
BSA Mike
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:28:46 PM
Usedrides.com works for me...

Looking for a date on there Ben?...i hear theres some hot ones on there lol
squirrel
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:31:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Usedrides.com works for me...

Works for me too [8D]
korny_carny
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:33:27 PM
Quote:

quote:

it's a lonley night mike.. lonley night
BSA Mike
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:53:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by korny_carny

Quote:

quote:

Lmao, know the feeling man...
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 20, 2004 5:16:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by korny_carny

Quote:

quote:

Lmao, know the feeling man...

Really? What happened to Milton? lol lol (Sorry, too good to pass up! lol)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain