Sunday, December 19, 2004 11:19:30 AM
Stale ?
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
cny_chris
Sunday, December 19, 2004 11:26:44 AM
Things have been a bit slow and quiet here for several reasons, I believe:

1. The holiday season has everyone busier with their preparations and shopping.

2. The slow speed of the server after the move from rideguy.com to carnivalwarehouse.com (now hopefully resolved).

3. The general "cleanup" of the postings here, and the greater attention paid to/less toleration of inappropriate posts.

If past years have been any indication, things will pick up a bit after the holidays.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
BSA Mike
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 19, 2004 1:14:15 PM
I'm trying to rattle the bushes.
UserPostedImage
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 19, 2004 1:22:15 PM
Is it just me or....

...are there more people posting here that are obviously with-it,
but haven't got the balls to post their name in their profile?

M---

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Boils The Clown
Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:05:22 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Hoffa

Is it just me or....

M---

HAHAHAHAHAHA !
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Bossman
Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:40:07 PM
I don't know if the word is "stale" for the way the board is now, but it is boring at the least. I have started to reply to several topics in the past few weeks, but didn't in fear of someone jumping down my throat for my comments. Sometimes when you aren't allow to tell the "truth" or tell it the way it is, it's better to say nothing. In this industry, sometimes the truth is hard to find. I read that this is a carnival & modeling discussion, by you can't have a discusssion unless both sides are heard. The only facts I know is that most everything to do with carnivals are uncertain. People will continue to try and make a go of it, some will fail, but they did try. The only thing I want you to remember is that those in the business aren't playing as some of you may want to think. You really don't know how it is until you have been on the front lines and have had your share of the good times and bad times.
Skywheelrider
Sunday, December 19, 2004 5:10:33 PM
Yeah it seems to get like this at this time every year. I know there have been days recently when I have seen maybe three or four posts in six hours. It will probably pick up after the new year when the conventions hit, then West Palm Beach, then the trade show and the Florida State Fair, etc.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 19, 2004 5:23:33 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Hoffa

Is it just me or....

M---

Balls is one thing I have. Big ones! [}:)]
Sixcats have nine lives
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 19, 2004 5:30:40 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Balls is one thing I have. Big ones!

But you've given enough info about yourself to figure out who you are. I'm talking about the posters that knock shows or people while hiding behind a screenname.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

butterfly in reverse
Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:47:14 PM
So, balls is the problem? That explains so much.
Seriously, though, it is a sticky situation. My employer is not comfortable with me coming here and openly stating where I work and so forth, because he has issues with privacy. Not in a shady way or anything, he just likes things low key. I have to respect that because I don't own the show. I work for him. I respect him and what he has created. I love my job. I also don't want something I say to come back and hurt his company because I worded something wrong. If I can stay discreet and somewhat anonymous, I can be freer to respond openly to topics on the board.
Most people I talk to from this forum know where I work. But I do not include it in my profile as if I represent that company in my free time here on the forum.
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
Matt C.
Sunday, December 19, 2004 7:45:22 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Has this place gone stale?

Lol- I think CNY pretty much hit it on the head.. I have not had as much time in the last week to read as much as I usually try to do. The holiday season is a very busy time for many of us; I will assume things will pick up after the Holidays!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 20, 2004 4:55:39 AM
I think Butterfly is the most level headed, mature, stricly business, show person posting here.
UserPostedImage
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, December 20, 2004 7:13:20 AM
It's just you scott-jk

Scott, had any bucket showers latly?? inside joke for you kiddies
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson