alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, December 10, 2004 3:56:55 AM
hey is anybody here doing away with there tornadoe machines or whirl wind. we just ordered those new crate machines with no band. im excited because i hate those freeking bands. you have to clean them shock them what ever they gum up and cost you money all the time. and have you ever tried to like fix a band and it comes all un raveled. lol.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, December 10, 2004 9:56:43 AM
you meen you dont have to burn them out every 50 bags on a humid day? who is selling these?
squirrel
Friday, December 10, 2004 1:31:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

you meen you dont have to burn them out every 50 bags on a humid day? who is selling these?

The smaller of the two Gold Medal Machines are not built for the endurance that a busy popper requires, but the larger of the two models that were listed can handle that and more.

If you're having problems with them clogging, then you probably have a power bottleneck somewhere. When they say they need 20-30 amps continuous, they're not kidding. I've had problems with them in the past, but resolved it by making sure there was no power-loss anywhere between the Generator and the machines -- each one needs it's own line in the popper -- you shouldn't share breakers between the machines -- 1 machine = 1 breaker in your food stand's power box, and you need to account for that load in your generator or distribution. With 2 deep fryers, 3 floss machines, refridgeration/freezers, lights (and marquee), sno-cones, soda-fountain, etc. at GAS we needed alteast 125amp feed (220v/Single Phase) before the floss machines would keep up on a hot day with no problems. Once the power was straightened, they could run three machines constant for days straight without a problem.

Hope that helps you out --
coacoabeware
Monday, December 20, 2004 8:54:29 PM
ahh the days of a really busy spot and you had to take the time burn the machines and people complaining because you are running out of cotton candy. Such fun
knasinnh
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 5:40:40 AM
in my years of making cotton candy in NE, never use fine granual sugar it crystalizes and clogs the heads of the machine. This along with power issue can screw you on a busy day.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 7:48:06 AM
We have cubes for rentals, small capacity and we have the Tornadoes and such for volume. Never remove the band from it's housing, pull the nuts, drop unit in hot h20, let dry, put back. It is easy to put the band contacts on the wrong studs. That is a part of training.

If you have a carbon build up, then hook band in the housing directly to 120v, get carbon area red hot and pull plug. Carbon should drop off. If you try to pull band out, it is shot, shot, shot. nNo go back.
UserPostedImage