Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 5:18:56 PM
It happened on Hildebrand's midway. I got some info that at least two of the workers were employed by Pat Imes, owner of Oscar's Amusements, who has the Tornado and Kiddie Helicopter booked with Harland Bast.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news....;dept_id=18041&rfi=6 
Bossman
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 5:51:09 PM
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 6:23:39 PM
Has anyone been on a bast lot this year?? I was wondering what rides he has. I know a friend has rides down there with him, and I am sure there are others.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:17:24 PM
I don't think the guy who got killed owned a trailer. The kid pizzed outside the bunkhouse, so I was told.
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 11:08:46 PM
Although I once booked in with them once , I can't put a face to those names . .........But was it like one of those 3 a.m., hang out the door about 6 inches or so , & to lazy to run off to the doniker whizes ?
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Carnie_Joe930
Thursday, November 25, 2004 5:30:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Boils The Clown Posted - 11/25/2004 : 04:08:46 AM

<snip>....was it like one of those 3 a.m., hang out the door about 6 inches or so , & to lazy to run off to the doniker whizes ?

HTF do I know? Here's where this thread starts to veer off course! Why don't you start another topic, "Different Ways You Have Wizzed On The Midway."
Carnie_Joe930
Thursday, November 25, 2004 10:02:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

secret.squirrel Posted - 11/25/2004 : 10:51:59 AM

My point was, if the kid wouldn't a whizzed by the guy's house, would the guy ever have come after him with a supposed knife which caused the kid to get his four friends and supposedly beat the guy to death?
That's what I was asking, and I was stating that more or less as food for thought (not expecting anyone to answer -- just think about it!)...
Someone whizzes on your front porch, you either want to return the favor for the insult or something else?

That was my point...

And my point was--that the guy who was killed didn't own a trailer. I don't think 4 guys beating someone to death is "returning a favor."
Quote:

quote:

secret.squirrel Posted - 11/25/2004 : 10:51:59 AM

....(not expecting anyone to answer -- just think about it!)...
Every action in this world has a corresponding reaction...

So....make a comment, get a comment back!!!

cny_chris
Friday, November 26, 2004 5:33:56 AM
It's a matter of being respectful of others. Whizzing on someone's house (whether they own it or not) in my book would be very disrespectful -- think about it. Too bad that it had to escalate and cooler heads did not prevail. I have to bet that someone is now wishing that they had taken their business to the donniker.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
squirrel
Friday, November 26, 2004 5:56:52 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

It's a matter of being respectful of others. Whizzing on someone's house (whether they own it or not) in my book would be very disrespectful -- think about it.

That was the point I was trying to make... But it's cool -- I won't express my opinions anymore, especially regarding moral values...
butterfly in reverse
Friday, November 26, 2004 6:37:37 AM
Don't be silly, Squirrel. Other than the fact that you are a huge reason why this forum is even here, it would just be silly for some very small pedantic disagreement to make you even threaten to quit expressing your opinions here. Just MY opinion.
As far as the actual topic at hand goes, I agree that the lack of respect involved in whizzing on someone's home was probably the immediate catalyst. But with people like that, when they just have that kind of hatred or anger or capability, it was bound to happen. If it wasn't this incident, it would have been a week from now when one of them gets angry for a different reason.
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 26, 2004 7:23:52 AM
things that happen on the road, quite often, that could blaze up into an incident.for instance, in dayton this year, about 3 am, a crew got into a squabble next to my trailer. one of them lost his temper, and put his fist into my door, leaving a big dent.i went out, and held myself back , to talk to their boss the next day. it could have got ugly, but its a small world out there and since, the guy who did it is now a friend .
Prof. Lee Kolozsy
Friday, November 26, 2004 3:03:48 PM
Looks like these four will also be beating the whole rest of the show to Starke...
Prof.
Why stir it...
when you can fling it directly into the fan...

2ndgencarnie
Saturday, November 27, 2004 8:27:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

Isn't this just great?

Couldn't agree more.
strawboss
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 5:24:06 PM
Peeing on someones steps has been a hot topic every season at least one time since I got in the business in 1967. I had a mark pee on my steps of wheel van in 1968 and i hit him with a spud wrench.BUT I didn't kill him.
Build a man a fire he will keep warm for a day. Set the man on fire he will stay warm for the rest of his life!
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor