cny_chris
  •  cny_chris
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, November 2, 2004 4:32:30 PM
I know that there are some folks here that are familiar with this show out of NY. Gene Simpson ran this little show, with dates in the NY/New England area.

Rides included:

Eli #5 G/M wheel
King Frolic
AH MGR
Tubs O' Fun

This is the show that traveled on a single flatbed trailer owned by the neighboring farmer, was unloaded by whatever was available to do the job, and tapped into the city power to run the rides. The show appeared briefly in the movie "Where the Rivers Flow North", starring Rip Torn. Truly was an interesting show to see.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Bossman
Tuesday, November 2, 2004 6:02:19 PM
I tried to buy the equipment from Gene somewhere between 96-98. He had 5 rides at that time, Eli wheel, AH rodeo, S&S Planes, Tubs of Fun and a King Frolic. Gene wanted 90,000 for the five rides and route. I think he finally sold everything for 30,000. At the time I was trying to buy the equipment, he told me that at one time his show was a 18-20 ride show. I knew who bought the equipment from Gene, but his name I can't recall now. Does anyone know what did happen to the equipment?
mjcarniegirl
Sunday, November 7, 2004 7:27:32 PM
I remember that show ! I traveled with them a few times during the summer months working games for a man named billy schafer back in the 80's i always just to be so amazed at how that small show got racked on that flat bed trailor . To be honest first time i saw it pull on the lot i thought it was scrap metal heading to a junk yard !!!
adultride
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 4:31:40 PM
Eugene Simpson Passed on November 9th 04 for those that worked on his show or anyone that knew him. His family will have private services and there will be no calling hours. The first show I played on was Wonderful World Shows and what memories... Gene was a great booker and promoter.
cny_chris
  •  cny_chris
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 6:18:53 PM
Obituary here:

http://scripts.uticaod.c...detail_today.asp?ID=7095 
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy