Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, October 17, 2004 9:44:12 AM
Some old miscellaneous pics. I started scanning some old pics of Farrow's skywheel and I just kept adding pics until I had a 100. All of these out of the same photo album.

http://community.webshots.com/user/danmar117/2 
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:18:29 AM
Dan great pics as usual. I have to admit, I really liked seeing that picture of my Thriller from when it was new. Thanks Again, and if you have any more of the Thriller I would love to see them.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:21:06 AM
Jimmy, I do have more pics. I'll see if I can find them. Is that your Thriller that is for sale?
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:24:26 AM
Yes it is that very same one that is back up for sale I am sorry to say. We have been trying hard to keep it, but this year was just racked with problems for us, so we have to put it up for sale. Same ride, new paint job.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:30:54 AM
Hey Dan, after you help Jimmy D with pics of his Thriller, can I talk you into scanning some of those great RAS pics of yours? It's a shame that these younger guys have no idea what the Royal was like, even when they look at those pics all they see is an old outdated show.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:42:34 AM
Dan L very nice shots! I know that chris had to have a sugar attack when he saw the pics of the skywheel ![:D] Scott, Your right, the younger crowd all they see is old and outdated equipment, I remember when RAS use to be a awesome show! There were many back then...
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:47:31 AM
Scott, most of the old pics I have of RAS are ones that I bought from Ron Hamm. I don't know if he would approve of me putting those online. Ron if you frequent this board feel free to weigh in here.

The pic of RAS looking down the midway in the Past and present album, believe it or not was scanned from an old pic that I tore out of the phone book. It was in a section promoting the fairgrounds and coliseum.

http://community.webshot.../54839119/55429268Qrkbvi 

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 17, 2004 12:28:23 PM
Well, I can understand your hesitation at putting his pics up there, but if you gave him credit for them, I can't see that it would hurt anything unless he objeted. But I"ll leave that up to you... it's an Ethics thing...and GOD knows we don't need to lose any more ground in this area LOL
Keith
Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:25:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Hey Dan, after you help Jimmy D with pics of his Thriller, can I talk you into scanning some of those great RAS pics of yours? It's a shame that these younger guys have no idea what the Royal was like, even when they look at those pics all they see is an old outdated show.

Very interesting photos of Farrow & Murphy. I've seen a few in Carousel/Carnival Magazine, but never in the quantity displayed in Dan L's webshots album. I'm interested in photos of both the present and the past.

I've slides of Royal shot in the 60's and vintage Conklin rides. I'd considered creating my own website with ISP but I'm just not sensing a widespread interest in equipment of the past.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, October 17, 2004 2:16:38 PM
you know Keith that's to bad that you don't set up for shots , There are STILL alot of people from the ol days that like to remanice about them here...
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 17, 2004 2:25:24 PM
I'd buy photos of RAS.. you convert them to print and I'll drop some $$ on ya.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Sunday, October 17, 2004 2:55:19 PM
Scott I will make you some copies. No money needed. Just give your first born. Wait, what am I saying???? I already have 2 kids and they are the only thing standing between me and real wealth. LOL.[8D]
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 17, 2004 4:14:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Wait, what am I saying???? I already have 2 kids and they are the only thing standing between me and real wealth. LOL.

ha ha ha ha ha Oh that is Soooooooooooo wrong! Funny but WRONG
Skywheelrider
Sunday, October 17, 2004 4:20:14 PM
Awesome photos Dan! Thanks for sharing. And hey, add me to the list of those that would love to see photos from the past, any show, any time! I love the history. I only wish I had taken photos when I was a teenager, I just never thought about it then. Sigh....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cny_chris
Sunday, October 17, 2004 4:34:29 PM
Hey, I'll join the crowd too... classic pics from the past are so cool. Thanks for posting the pics Dan. (I know why Hurley likes them so much, LOL....)
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy