2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, October 5, 2004 1:35:15 PM
I haven't heard anything about Gopher in a few years. In 2001 he played just down the road from me in Franklin Ohio. The show was taged as King Royal. It wasn't a bad show but at the time i saw them they were using paper plates as arrows, thats never a good sign. He had King Charles as his advance man and he told me that everything was fine and he expected to be there again next year, apperntly his cigar wasn't the only thing blowing smoke my way.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, October 5, 2004 3:19:18 PM
Wow, King Royal. I recall seeing window posters for them up in Traverse City, Michigan a few years ago, they were going to be playing the Civic Centre in late July. Six years ago I think it was. I took a picture of one of the posters, it was very sharp. Then saw a couple of posters about three years ago around the Fraser, Michigan (north side of Detroit) area advertising them. Never saw nor heard of them again until now.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
J-bird
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:14:43 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Gopher's show has been reincarnated into "Bailey Bros. Circus" and they even played Alaska this year.
prestonbros
Saturday, November 20, 2004 12:53:04 PM
Gopher's show is now Bailey Bros. They were is Wisconsin this past summer
David P Bastian
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, November 20, 2004 4:46:33 PM
I remember seeing this show a few years ago in a small Indiana town south of Valparaiso.I went out and watched them set up.I also talked to a older black gentileman who i think was their advance man. Was that King charles? He talked about used to be a musicion
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, November 21, 2004 2:37:31 PM
Yep Big King Charles, he payed the sax in in an old circus band. Heck of a nice guy with a line of $hi+ as long as the highway.
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, November 21, 2004 4:55:58 PM
Yup that was him.we talked a good hour or so nice guy
Prof. Lee Kolozsy
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:46:14 PM
Gopher's show is in Texas. It is called "The Great China Circus". John Strong is on the Midway, and he claims there seems to be plenty of "Chinese"
Prof.
Why stir it...
when you can fling it directly into the fan...