Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:16:34 AM

Okay, I uploaded over 100 photos from the Lake County Fair in Crown Point, Indiana, taken on Monday, 9 August 2004. Blomsness All Star Amusements has the midway, plus there are numerous indy joints and food trailers/concessions, and a couple of pics of the fairgrounds as well. Photos of just about everything on the midway, although I lost about a dozen photos that day when I inadvertently deleted my camera's internal memory without uploading the photos to my laptop that evening, whoops. Still lots of photos though.

http://photos.yahoo.com/cm_hurley  and look for the orange trailer with ALL STAR on it.

On a side note, one of our fearless leaders here at the MCW message board, Mr. Ryan Vawter, is in one of the photos. See if you can find him. (Yeah, kinda like Where's Waldo, you know? lol lol)

Enjoy....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jzrider0720
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:58:39 AM
when r u gonna post ur indiana state fair pics?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 6:01:13 AM
i was impressed with blomness operation when we visited the winnebago county fair in pecatonia ill. not all equipment was there as the state fair was going on.
Matt C.
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 6:55:19 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

i was impressed with blomness operation when we visited the winnebago county fair in pecatonia ill. not all equipment was there as the state fair was going on.

Jeff has an excellent operation! None of his equipment (All Stars) was at the state fair this year or the last few years. Unless he was at a different spot locally, all 30 of his rides should have been in Pecatonica. Did you happen to take pics up there Britt?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 7:18:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jzrider0519

when r u gonna post ur indiana state fair pics?

I was going to upload Indiana State Fair photos after Wisconsin, but had a couple of special requests for All Star photos from the Lake County Fair. Indiana State Fair photos will be next on the agenda.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:02:28 AM
no pictures matt but some of the others with us took some. trying to get a digital. seems jeff said there were 20 some pieces there. do not remember a yo-yo, spider and seems there are a couple others missing looking at hurley's pictures. getting older and my memory does not work as well plus it rained some on us. that office trailer is impressive with the wurlitzer jukebox loaded with oldies.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:14:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

no pictures matt but some of the others with us took some. trying to get a digital. seems jeff said there were 20 some pieces there. do not remember a yo-yo, spider and seems there are a couple others missing looking at hurley's pictures. getting older and my memory does not work as well plus it rained some on us. that office trailer is impressive with the wurlitzer jukebox loaded with oldies.

the office trailer is ed gregorys old one. ALl all star did was paint there name on it, it came with jukebox and neon on it.

proably missing from pect. was the second unit rides, yoyo, sizzler, 1001 nahts, and gravy train along with some kiddies.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:20:03 AM
There were 30 pieces at the Lake County Fair. The only ride I did not post a pic of is the 1001 Nachts, it was one of the photos inadvertenly deleted from my camera. You can see it on the right side of one of the midway shots, very nice looking piece with the multi-coloured tower. Very nice looking show overall, wish I could have seen them after dark and got some night shots.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:59:17 AM
ryan, i think you are right. there was a sizzler there tho. i knew that was ed's old office but all the extras built in was impressive. i do not remember the 1001 being there. i liked the signs on the bunkhouses with the curfew hours. rolling stock was good as was the front gates to main and kiddie land.
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 1:11:30 PM
Thanks Chris for posting these. Excellant job of catching this show.This was was the best I have seen a lake county fair midway look.It really was a great show all star had here.All star gets better every year
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:04:07 PM
Thanks Barn. I was really impressed with the show and the fair. Well worth the trip.
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:00:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

On a side note, one of our fearless leaders here at the MCW message board, Mr. Ryan Vawter, is in one of the photos. See if you can find him.

I think I see Ryan in 6 pics: #14, #62, #65, # 89, #90, and #99.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:27:24 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, #89 was the one I was referring to, only because he was looking right towards the camera, but yes to all the others. Nice job Ron!

Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:56:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, #89 was the one I was referring to, only because he was looking right towards the camera, but yes to all the others. Nice job Ron!

wow, I was in that many?? If anyone else is looking for a prof. ride model, let me now. Sorry, no nudes as of right now.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, September 23, 2004 6:02:55 AM
For bonus points you could have listed photo #20. I was talking to the guy when hurley took the pic about the SLA
www.modernmidways.com