BillReese
Saturday, September 18, 2004 5:11:38 AM
I see an article about another show attacking and sueing many other shows and people. I don't play NC but I hear nothing but fighting and bickering, people trying to tear each other apart. With few exceptions no carnival "owns" a fair, just a lease.

In this business I have been with 5 shows in my life and the true carnival way is to help your brothers in this business. I cannot count how many times I have stopped over the jump to help people broken down. I cannot count how many times I have made some sort of sacrifice to help another along in our business sometimes even giving he or she a roof over his or her head or something to eat.

Show people are good, caring people and what I am seeing has no resemblence to that.
DOn't feed the trolls.
TopSpinJay
Saturday, September 18, 2004 6:24:46 AM
the days of shows helpen shows are over that was evedent about 5 -8 years ago. its unfortunate but thats my opinion now you have blocks of carnivals that hang together and spit on others unofrtunatly thats just how it is, everyone wont get along because there all on a rampage to see whos going to get what fair and cut someones neck next
You'll miss us when were gone....
Midway Provydr
Saturday, September 18, 2004 7:14:46 AM
This sounds like any other type of industry, record labels do this to each other, store chains do this to each other, corporations do this to each other, so why would this business be exempt?
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 18, 2004 2:18:06 PM
that might have been true back in the day, but let's face it, big shows are out for themselves and nothing more, you might see that kind of helping stuff going on with the much smaller shows but the BIG BOYS they all play to win ! Since we all know that you are talking about Strates shows, I don't think that the show is doing this because there heart was torn out losing to another show after 50 years playing NC, maby it's just the principal of HOW the other show got in that's ****in the boss off ! [}:)]
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 18, 2004 2:35:23 PM
I hear ya back40, it is simply business and has nothing to do with earning a girl scout badge or making friends or the code of the road. . I wish Strates success with the procedures. "An eye for an eye".
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 19, 2004 5:29:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

the days of shows helpen shows are over that was evedent about 5 -8 years ago.

It's not over, but only if you decide it's over. Every human being makes that choice for themselves regardless of his or her occupation. I choose to be different. In this big world we live in, it's hard to stand out, be different, bigger or best, but to be kind and helpful unfortunately is what seperates a few from the rest.

Some good advice to anyone in any business..." An inheritance is what you'll leave to your family, but your legacy is what you leave with everyonelse."