the_rock401
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 11:39:27 AM
Two galleries of photos. One gallery of the Anoka County Fair, Wright County Fair, and the Wright County Highway Department booth. the other is the Mighty Bluegrass Shows at the Head of the Lakes Fair in Superior, Wisconsin. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/RockyShows 

Your Minnesota MCW Correspondent
Paul
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 11:45:34 AM
Great pictures rock . Everything looked very clean too bad the weather was crap . Looks like the rides will need a washing after this spot , i always hated dirt lots in the rain . Anyhoo thanx for the update .

So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 2:24:16 PM
Nice photos. Looks like it really was a rotten weather day for Superior. That stinks, taking photos on days like that can be hard, trying to get the correct exposure. On the other hand, I have spent many days in Michigan's Upper Peninsula along Lake Superior, and it looks like a typical summer day along the lake. lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
the_rock401
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 2:47:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Nice photos. Looks like it really was a rotten weather day for Superior. That stinks, taking photos on days like that can be hard, trying to get the correct exposure. On the other hand, I have spent many days in Michigan's Upper Peninsula along Lake Superior, and it looks like a typical summer day along the lake. lol

Yeah, I picked the only day of the last 10 that it rained to make my longest carnival trip of the year.[:D] Actually, I have been in Duluth in the summer many times with a clear sky. The only major snag is that it's always 10 degrees colder at the bottom of the hill than at the top. The sun finally broke through a little while before I left, but by that time, the damage was already done to the crowd, and my camera was back in the car.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL