daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 3, 2004 4:45:37 PM
Hi i want to know if the rah s are hard and if they are to hard for me.Do they come with instructions like ihcs? And would i beable to handle them?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 3:36:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

Hi i want to know if the rah s are hard and if they are to hard for me.Do they come with instructions like ihcs? And would i beable to handle them?

Well, some of the RAH models are fairly easy, not much to them (like the Venture River, the centre joints, the line-up joints), and some are very detailed, and take a long time and patience to put together. They come with instructions, and a photo of the model put together by Ron Hamm, but none of the parts are numbered, you have to take the parts list from the instructions and match up the pieces. Some sanding and deburring of pieces most likely will be needed, as most of the main pieces are resin-cast from molds. And you really should have at least a little bit of scratch building experience, but it is not 100% necessary. They are not motorized, but with a little experimenting, I am sure some of the models could be. They are not easy, lots of patience required. If you really want one, I would buy one like the Scrambler, or Ring of Fire, or Alpine Fun House, and try it, then go from there. I am currently working on the Ring of Fire (my second), and next will finish the RAH Huss Pirate. I just finished the Alpine Fun House.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 11:36:01 AM
So how would fallers wheel work out for me or the kami kazi rah sells or the jungle train or musik express or the glass house. I have only put together the Ihc SWINGER ,BREAK DANCE , AND THE THUNDER BOLT. I am planing on buying a music express and ing it after RCs sound wave.
crazyspin
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 12:21:04 PM
Personaly Daniel,
I would go with the Faller rides first like the Giant Wheel then then Musik Express there a step above the IHC (A little harder) Then go with the RAH models. It just gives you more experience. For Instance, I've built all the IHC kits and about 3/4 of the Faller kits. And when I got my first RAH ride I had a little trouble with it! It makes it a little easier on your part. Just a suggestion. [;)]
crazyspin
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 12:28:03 PM
One type of RAH kit that seems to be very easy are the Fun Houses/Dark Rides. You could probably be able to do those with no problem now! [;)]
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 12:48:38 PM
The ones i put up are they conciderd rah?

Matthew
Wednesday, August 4, 2004 1:43:32 PM
The Giant Wheel and Jungle Train from Faller so those would not be considered as RAH kits. The others are RAH. RAH does sell kits from IHC.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

The ones i put up are they conciderd rah?