WestCoastPat
  •  WestCoastPat
  • 59.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, July 24, 2004 12:31:19 PM
Here is a link to a story concerning the new DiskO and some people that think they should regulate the **** out of everything.
http://www.vagazette.com...20000.story?coll=va-news 
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
cny_chris
Saturday, July 24, 2004 1:05:55 PM
Proof that NIMBYism is alive and well. They'll * and moan about this businessman wanting to install a DiskO and make his place look better, then down the road they'll * and moan because what he already has there starts looking shabby and old. Unfortunately, the someones who have the power have let it go to their head, and forgotten what makes this country great.....[xx(]

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
KevSpins2
Saturday, July 24, 2004 11:52:50 PM
if he every gets it built, he shouldn't let those F*ckers ride it!

jesus tap dancing christ, the ride is a beautiful ride anyway, i think the people would change there mind if they actually saw it in real life, and also..... honestly how many people would be affected by the ride "EXTREME" (sarcasm) lighting?

i could see the problem if it was a fabbri booster or a mega drop, but a disko, come on!
ride design is my specialty
Steve F.
Sunday, July 25, 2004 2:26:08 AM
Carnie_Joe930
Sunday, July 25, 2004 7:48:54 AM
This reminds me of what happened to my family with our winterquarters. In 1939 my grandfather bought some property in Pelham NH for his winterquarters. The place used to be an "end of the line", which was where the trolley cars would go to be repaired. The property was in the center of town, across from the town hall. There was a post office, fire house, general store, diner, and a few homes-and not much else. He operated it as his winterquarters until his death in 1960, then my mother and father took over the show and used this property for a winterquarters as well. Around 1988, a guy and his wife bought one of the homes across the street from our place and moved in with his two kids. Within a short time he was at every town meeting, complaining about us being acrosss from him, running a business, having trucks come in and out, having rides guys staying there, etc. The town set restrictions that we could only work from 8-5 Monday thru Friday, that no trucks could drive into the yard after 9pm nor before 7am, that when we worked in the building-we must keep the garage doors closed, and so on. I hired a lawyer and during one of the town meetings he asked the guy, "if he knew what that building with all the rides and trucks across the street from him was?" He said, "Yes, but since he got such a good deal on the house, he didn't care." It still didn't stop him from complaining to the town and the "compromises" that they made favored him and not us. Eventually we sold the place..."You can't fight city/town hall."