ky
  •  ky
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:48:38 AM
Can you list me rides that just never made it on the midway.
Thanks Kevin
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:52:54 AM
Chance Chaos, Chance Inverter, Chance Turbo, to name a few. From what I understand only 23 Turbos were made, and as for the Chaos and the Inverter, the concept was neat, but neither sold well, and not many exist.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
orphaned
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:53:30 AM
When you say "never made it" I'm going to assume you mean weren't popular or successful for whatever reason.

One...The Chance Turbo. Chance won't even confirm anything about the ride. It's the big kahuna on the board here...everyone here wants to see and ride.

Two...and this one is personal opinion, but has been discussed here a lot too...is the Larson Hi Roller. Seemed to have a few too many moving parts and there were constant maintenance problems. Plus, it just wasn't fun to ride.

Three...Chance Twister. Can you say BORING? It's neat to look at now...but dang..what a boring ride.

Those three come to my mind. I'm sure that some of the guys out there with it have others and some of the more seasoned veterans like Pinetar, Sixcat and others can tell you of rides that came out but were duds as well.

With Hurley's post right before mine, it would seem CHANCE somehow leads the way, huh? Not sure that's a good category to be the leader in.
Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:31:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Bryan Posted - 07/21/2004 : 3:53:30 PM

One...The Chance Turbo. Chance won't even confirm anything about the ride. It's the big kahuna on the board here...everyone here wants to see and ride.

Here's an awesome video of a Turbo in action.
http://liam.anykeygaming.com/FreakedTurbo.wmv 
archived05
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:27:55 PM
I know in Illinois we have Spectacular Midways and ASA Bloomsness with Inverters. I've seen pictures of Farrow and Murphy Brothers also with Inverters.

Awhile back ASA both had the Chaos and the High Roller, but they are both gone. I think more Chaos's are at theme parks then carnivals though.

The two rides that I see too much of in IL are the Himalaya and the Pharoah's Fury. Fantasy, Windy City, Astro, ASA, and All Around Amusements all have both them. Skinner's and Spectacular Midways just have Pharoah's Fury. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I've seen in IL.
Coastercameron
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 2:02:54 PM
I remember the Chance Inverter's last year at the MNSF... I don't know who's piece it was, but I remember that I didn't see a singler person riding it, with all other rides running at least half full... To me, it wasn't fun, and it definately wasn't popular.
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:48:30 PM
Does anyone remember the
"Chance Pixie Plaza" 5 kiddy rides on one truck
probably another one they wont admit to.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
Stormy
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 5:10:41 PM
I remember the Pixie Plaza...Have a color brochure for it. I believe only about 8 or so were built. Drew had one in the early 80's. Last one I heard of operating was in Hawaii.

Stormy
UserPostedImage

WCAblondie
Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:24:59 AM
[:)]
The Inverter is quite boring, West Coast Amusements has had one since 1999, I've never even seen it half full! I don't know why Bobby still has it, maybe he can't get rid of it, so may as well set it up anyways!? Defininately the most disappointing Chance ride I've been on! I actually love the Chaos though, there's one at Calaway Park in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, & it's pretty packed all the time! Lots of puke production though, probably cuz your body is being pulled & flipped each & every way possible!! I love that feeling but maybe if I ate 5 corndogs....
[;)]

Luv,

WCAblondie
Don't ya just love when you're T'ing up the Zipper & some kid barfs & it hits every other bucket!! Hee, hee, that's fun- gross but fun!!
Kamikaze
Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:31:35 PM
Now it does depend on where you sit in the Inverter. You have to sit on the end, AKA.. front seat. If you dont sit in the front, you wont get the motions which the ride is trying to give. I like the ride in the front seat but not in the middle.