ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 5:05:30 AM
I know there's at least one Huss Booster travelling in Germany, but were any more built, particularly in the US?

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
LONNOL
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 6:04:38 AM
I think Linnamaki (a park) got one for the '03 season.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
Vortex
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:00:21 AM
Huss build 3 Boosters. One is travelling in Germany owned by the showman Wingender. Another one is owned by the Austrian showman Rüdiger. This one is also travelling in Germany.
The last one is at the Linnanmaki park in Finland since 2003.

Greetings from Germany,
Vortex
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:53:30 PM
Are there any plans for a Booster to travel in the US? Is it possible to transport it on the roads here?

Matthew
Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:57:49 PM
The Huss Booster is about the same footprint as a Huss Break Dance No2. It's a fairly big ride but it might be road legal. I wouldn't mind seeing one of those around here.
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 22, 2004 4:53:19 PM
Did anyone ever build a 1/87 scale model of this? I remember seeing a Huss Magic model and a Huss Booster model, can't remember what site though.

Matthew
Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:33:01 PM
You might have seen it at Ride-N-Rumors which is a German site. I've seen it and it looked pretty good. It was made out of a Faller Break Dancer. If Faller had the Booster in production I'd get one.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ECZenith

Did anyone ever build a 1/87 scale model of this? I remember seeing a Huss Magic model and a Huss Booster model, can't remember what site though.

chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:36:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ECZenith

Are there any plans for a Booster to travel in the US? Is it possible to transport it on the roads here?

I have read the center load (transport) is not long, but its heavy, may even be too heavy for our roads. Same reason why we don't see any Huss Top Spins. I don't know who would buy one, I saw one at a fair in Germany in 2001. Its pretty big when all set up, but a very cool ride. Judging by the size and the mechanics of the piece I'm sure its not cheap.
cny_chris
Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:48:27 PM
From the tech specs on Huss' website (http://www.hussrides.com/56bBoosterTech.htm ), the centerload is only 39 feet long, and weighs only 30 tons, with 3 axles under the trailer. Sounds likely that it would be road legal, except for possibly not meeting the axle spacing requirements that PA has.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy