gruelurks
  •  gruelurks
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:38:24 PM
Another blast from the past from J. Tilton.

UserPostedImage
http://www.gruelurks.com..._East_Liverpool_Ohio.JPG 

Boils, if you want to try and colorize those, be our guest. Would be cool to seem them as such.

Thanks again Mr. T., keep 'em coming.

Mick
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:26:18 PM
Neat, looks like BigEli ticket boxes from the 50's. Impressive front.
UserPostedImage
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:32:54 PM
Nice pic. I grew up not too far from East Liverpool. I remember the Pottery Festival played by Deshler.

Question: Saturday when I was in Greentown I parked next to a truck marked Tilton from Fly, OH. Is this the same guy?
gruelurks
  •  gruelurks
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:45:28 PM
Yes it is, the one and same family.
Roger Kirkpatrick
Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:16:25 PM
You was parked by his son John who plays wirh Mid America.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 4:41:42 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ohio Ron

Nice pic. I grew up not too far from East Liverpool. I remember the Pottery Festival played by Deshler.

Question: Saturday when I was in Greentown I parked next to a truck marked Tilton from Fly, OH. Is this the same guy?

As Roger said, that would be Jon Tilton with Mid America Shows, he owns the Allan Herschell Flivver, Allan Herschell Helicopters, and the Zamperla Rio Grande Train (which used to say Fly, Ohio on top of the sign, now has them Mid America Shows logo). He traveled with Pugh Shows for a long time, then Wade Shows for a few years, now M.A. since 2001. Jody Tilton has games and a pizza trailer with McDonagh's Amusements.

Interesting photo, Mick. I like old photos, history, that sort of stuff.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
carnahan
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:59:11 PM
DO ANY OF YOU J.C.L.'S KNOW WHO J.J.JONES WAS? IT WAS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!RAILROAD SHOW JONNY JENKINS JONES BORN IN 1874 ARNOT PA.STARTED SHOW 1903 THE TITLE IN USE 50 YEARS W. Q. ORLANDO FL. A 50 CAR TRAIN IN 1922 PLAYED C.N.E. IN 1920 HAD HUGE RIDES FOR THE TIMES ENGLISH [MAYNES] FRIST TO USE ALL STEEL FLAT CARS ,HE WAS A VERY SMALL IN STATURE 5' A WELSHMAN 1920 HE MARRIED HODY HURD DIED DELAND FL. 1930 THAY HAD A NEON WAGGON TO SHAPE THERE OWN GLASS GAS TO COLOR IT EXCEPT YELLOW WITCH WAS YELLOW GLASS NOTE WAR BOND POSTERS ON FRONT THESE DEVLOPED FROM GLASS NEG,S PICTURES MADE BY EASTMAN KODAK TO MY KNOWLAGE HAVE BEEN SEEN!!!!!!WHY SO LACK OF INTREST?????
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !