Mst458
  •  Mst458
  • 54.98% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:47:49 AM
Just drove by the Chemung County Fairgrounds in Horseheads, NY and noticed that some of the Strates Shows equipment has already arrived. I saw a ride racked that looks like the "Dizzy Dragons" ride. Must be they didn't set up everything in Harrisburg.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, July 18, 2004 12:52:32 PM
Your week of glory is coming soon, will you have time to leave the swine barn & pie judging to see the midway in action? We have high expectations, stock up on pixels and digi videos, no analog please. Above all, give us a daily on gate receipts with + or - from last year. Of course, tell us how the press perceives the mdiway change.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Sunday, July 18, 2004 4:37:42 PM
Allllright! The Dizzy Dragons are gonna be there! Woo hoo! Got me all excited now! (rolls eyes). (j/k with ya MST)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BillReese
Sunday, July 18, 2004 5:42:09 PM
Well I must say that Coleman is a cleaner show by far. The fair would have been better off to work with them. MST - im travelling with Bluegrass right now and I must say that this is a real show.
DOn't feed the trolls.
Mst458
  •  Mst458
  • 54.98% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 18, 2004 5:56:24 PM
Yes, I will take photos, and will give you links to all the newspaper articles, etc.

I hope our Fair does better this year. Time will tell, I guess.

I hate to see any Fair go under, so I hope this will help turn our Fair around.

We have good shows in our Grandstand this year.

If this doesn't perk our Fair up, then I'm afraid nothing will.

I no longer work for the Fair, so I can't provide you with daily gate receipts. 12 years of service has been enough for me.

This year I'm just going as an average person. (Customer)
cny_chris
Sunday, July 18, 2004 6:02:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 07/18/2004 : 9:42:09 PM by BillReese

Well I must say that Coleman is a cleaner show by far. The fair would have been better off to work with them. MST - im travelling with Bluegrass right now and I must say that this is a real show.

I won't judge Coleman, since I haven't seen them this year, but if Strates looked any better than they did when I saw them in Danbury, everything would have to be brand new.

Last I looked, Bluegrass was nowhere near Strates. When did you see Strates recently? Or Coleman? Didn't think so.... you really need to watch what your fingers type before you spew your drivel.....[xx(][xx(]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
BillReese
Sunday, July 18, 2004 6:33:25 PM
CNY- Go get a cold beer and a box of oyster crackers, kick back and relax in the AC. It will be ok man. I think you are cool as hell.
DOn't feed the trolls.
cny_chris
Sunday, July 18, 2004 6:46:33 PM
Thanks, Bill ... LOL. At least you're good for something -- a good laugh![}:)][}:)]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, July 18, 2004 7:55:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mst458

Just drove by the Chemung County Fairgrounds in Horseheads, NY and noticed that some of the Strates Shows equipment has already arrived. I saw a ride racked that looks like the "Dizzy Dragons" ride. Must be they didn't set up everything in Harrisburg.

you think its a dizzy dragons?? Thats a pretty easy ride to identify
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Mst458
  •  Mst458
  • 54.98% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 18, 2004 8:04:50 PM
Yes, it is for sure. Saw the name on the trailer. I'm not too good at knowing the names of kiddie rides, mostly just the adult rides.
Mst458
  •  Mst458
  • 54.98% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:36:00 PM
Chemung County Fair in Horseheads, NY as of 7/28/04

1) Musik Express - already set up

2) Strates Shows new Multi Colored Slide.

3) Dizzy Dragons

4) Penquin ride (similiar to Dizzy Dragons)
Jzrider0720
Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:12:34 AM
that would be the chilly willy (the one thats simular to the dizzy dragons. cant wait to see in itn syracuse.
the_rock401
Thursday, July 29, 2004 3:23:28 AM
Bill-

Where are you set up with Bluegrass right now?
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL
Steve F.
Thursday, July 29, 2004 10:05:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mst458

Chemung County Fair in Horseheads, NY as of 7/28/04

1) Musik Express - already set up

2) Strates Shows new Multi Colored Slide.

3) Dizzy Dragons

4) Penquin ride (similiar to Dizzy Dragons)

Wow, thats a phat line up. [:o)]

orphaned
Friday, July 30, 2004 6:44:45 AM
MST..

What is the lineup for entertainment in the grandstand? Night by night...what's going on?