Majestic Fan1982
Wednesday, July 14, 2004 8:19:28 PM
After record rains in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware on Monday, more heavy thunder storms moved thru the same areas on Wednesday causing a few tornadoes reported in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and 1 in Maryland, 1 to 3 inches more of rain also fell on the area again. I am not so sure how shows in them areas are making out but any carnival related damgages would be helpful on this site if anyone hears anything. I know alot of shows in them areas and are concerned how everybody is making out.
More heavy rain is forecasted for Sunday into Monday.
A long dry weather pattern has come to an end it seems around here
:(
mjcarniegirl
Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:19:03 PM
rainy weather sure puts a damper on the carnival business !!! not to mention setting up and tearing down in the rain is just awful !!!! Hope the middletown, ny fairgrounds won't get to muddy this yr. Looks like they might be setting up in the rain from what the weather reports have been saying .
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:51:46 AM
Wind blew over a ticket box at our spot in Delaware. I've never seen that happen before.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:21:40 PM
The tornado that touched down in the Pa. area was in Campbellstown
about 16 miles from the farm show arena where Strates is playing .
I have not heard any thing from them at this time on weather they had damage... I am trying to reach friends by phone...
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are