flossqueen
Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:42:52 AM
I have been out of the business for about 13 years now. Missing it every day. Long story. Be careful what you wish for. It would be nice to hear from someone that travelled with the same shows. I was with Smokey's for a while working for the Doolans in their cookhouse and helpin Ma Gilmore in the wagon. I traveled with them for a while. It has been a long time since I have been in Maine. I also spent some time with Carlins in their wagon and Brownstone Amusements on the rides. Spent some time in Fun Citys winter quarters. Mostly with Brownstone.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, July 15, 2004 8:34:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flossqueen

I have been out of the business for about 13 years now. Missing it every day. Long story. Be careful what you wish for. It would be nice to hear from someone that travelled with the same shows. I was with Smokey's for a while working for the Doolans in their cookhouse and helpin Ma Gilmore in the wagon. I traveled with them for a while. It has been a long time since I have been in Maine. I also spent some time with Carlins in their wagon and Brownstone Amusements on the rides. Spent some time in Fun Citys winter quarters. Mostly with Brownstone.

I was with Bud from 82-91. Were you there then?
Sixcats have nine lives
knasinnh
Friday, July 16, 2004 3:01:53 AM
I saw Tina Doolan a about a year and half ago. They were playing a small church spot locally to where I live. A few years ago they did book their food joints on Fiesta Shows when they played Woodstock CT over labor day weekend.

Gilmore did have some rides booked in Concord NH im May with another show. I from time to time hear radio ads on the radio for them from the ME stations.
flossqueen
Friday, July 16, 2004 9:26:53 AM
It seems like forever since I have seen the Doolans. When I was with her they had just built the stick joint for the cookhouse. I even helped paint it. The ex worked for Smokey on the scooters.
knasinnh
Friday, July 16, 2004 9:47:17 AM
When did you work for them? Did you ever work Rochester or Topsfield for them? If you did, I suspect we have met...
flossqueen
Friday, July 16, 2004 10:06:43 AM
I was there sometime between 82 and 89. The old man jumped from show to show so I worked for a few different outfits. On the job training. and
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by knasinnh

When did you work for them? Did you ever work Rochester or Topsfield for them? If you did, I suspect we have met...

BSA Mike
Friday, July 16, 2004 10:25:55 AM
The Doolans will be in Monmouth County Fair with us next week, they were with us at the Bellmore Strawberry Festival the week after Memorial Day as well...
flossqueen
Friday, July 16, 2004 4:42:25 PM
I would love to say hello, but because of the old man (my ex) I don't think we are on the best of terms. As far as I am concerned they are some of the kindest and hardest working people I know. If not for him I think I would still be there. Bud (Gilmore) told me once that he had to go but I could stay. You know how that works when you are young and "in love". I hope everything is going okay for them. I haven't seen Tina or Johnny for a lot of years.