BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 6:51:25 PM
Wow, i always thought the "high and mighty RCS" was "ontop" of their rides, and "were the best in the business"...then why did this happen? ?

Four injured at Del Mar Fair
(Saturday, June 19, 2004) - At the Del Mar Fair in Del Mar, California, four people were injured while riding a log flume ride called the Hydro Slide when a guide wheel failed on one of the boats. None of the riders suffered serious injuries, however two of them were treated at a hospital and released.
The ride is operated by Ray Cammack Shows of Laveen, Arizona.

source: www.rideaccidents.com 
Sorry 3rdgen, RCS is just like any other show out there

BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:23:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikehawkenballs

Mmmmmmm Maybe because it was a ACCIDENT perhaps?????
Name ONE show the size of RCS that looks as good,has a stronger route and has less accidents.

not the point here

point is, 3RDGEN claimed RCS was "perfect", and this shows they are just like any other show out there...yes they're equipment is beautiful...

How about Fiesta Shows of Seabrook NH?, they are one big***show and beautiful at that....
orphaned
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:42:05 PM
I've been on this board for over four years now, and I don't recall EVER EVER seeing any kind of RCS SLAM! Only when Eric has created animosity has there ever been any kind of negative talk about RCS.
J-bird
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:45:38 PM
Its just like the mess that has been said about Strates........no, I have never seen RCS, but I would imagine they are comparable in quality and definitely "up there" in the top ten of all US carnivals.
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:52:52 PM
I just deleted my responses. I dont want to get into a big lame assed argument over anything,especially Eric Bishop.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:19:43 PM
Holy crap[:0] ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow i just hurd about this from my friend at rcs im not working yet and i got a call while i was trying to talk to this in bowboa or at the beach.I got the call and i sounded like a family member got into an aciddent becuse the asked me is every thing ok and i said oh at work and i said i couldn't tell her what happend.
wow at leats their not hurt baddly. Oh pleace don't start about 3rdgen ok[B)]wow wow wow umm number3 sh it....

Oh the i was hanging out at the beach at the end of the pair and i think this who worked the window liked me so i was talking to her and messing around and saying nice things toher.

Oh and later around 10:00pm i gave money to a friend to go get illeagal fireworks for me.
Larry Smith
Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:24:56 AM
Yeah I have to agree with Bryan on this one.....I've never heard anything bad on RCS. I actually cannot think of any other large show that hasn't had any heat of any type since I have been on here...
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:18:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Smith

Yeah I have to agree with Bryan on this one.....I've never heard anything bad on RCS. I actually cannot think of any other large show that hasn't had any heat of any type since I have been on here...

2 years ago they dumped a kid out of their Zamperla Kite Flyer. It made naional news because it was all caught on video.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:19:42 AM
Eric's comments may be as a result of his family values; perhaps his father taught him how to set up, tear down, move the ride down the road, how to make money, but nothing about social skills.
UserPostedImage
Number 6
Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:20:22 AM
As a newcomer to this forum I am unaware of its history and background but I must say I am somewhat taken aback by the level of vitriol being directed towards one of your members and am saddened to see it spilling over towards Ray Cammack Shows as a result. Whatever you may think of a particular member I do not believe the owners, management, or line-level employees of RCS or any other show should be automatically viewed through those glasses. At the risk of stepping into it, I would only like to add that everyone is entitled to their opinion and we are fortunate indeed to live in a country where we may state our opinions freely and openly. I am surprised and disappointed that two recent topics have degenerated into bickering and name-calling. Perhaps I have joined your forum at an inopportune time, or perhaps I have joined the wrong discussion group.

As to the topic at hand may I observe that this industry now operates extremely complex and intricate mechanical equipment and as with any piece of mechanical equipment accidents do occur, and may happen to anyone at any time. What would be more interesting is how RCS handled the incident, what caused it, and what remedial measures have been taken to prevent its reoccurrance.
Who is Number One?
Number 6
Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:25:50 AM
PS: I agree with the comment about Fiesta Shows of New Hampshire. I have seen their operation on the East Coast (at Topsfield if I recall correctly) and they put out a nice spread of clean late-model equipment.
Who is Number One?
bubbapinesole
Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:51:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Holy crap ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow i just hurd about this from my friend at rcs im not working yet and i got a call while i was trying to talk to this in bowboa or at the beach.I got the call and i sounded like a family member got into an aciddent becuse the asked me is every thing ok and i said oh at work and i said i couldn't tell her what happend.
wow at leats their not hurt baddly. Oh pleace don't start about 3rdgen okwow wow wow umm number3 sh it....

Oh the i was hanging out at the beach at the end of the pair and i think this who worked the window liked me so i was talking to her and messing around and saying nice things toher.

Oh and later around 10:00pm i gave money to a friend to go get illeagal fireworks for me.
Quote:

quote:

[/size=4]
DANIEL - With no disrespect intended, I must ask you what type of drugs you were on when you posted the above? If you were not on drugs then I must apologize and tell you that your spelling is horrible!

For the others that keep bashing and attacking 3rd Generation your actions can be summarized in one word - JEALOUSY!

BSA MIKE - I am sorry to see that you have lowered yourself to the levels of some of these other jealous individuals on this board. I would expect to see leadership and positive output from you as a future show owner.

SKYWHEELER and BOILS THE CLOWN for moderators !!!
orphaned
Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:25:51 AM
For the others that keep bashing and attacking 3rd Generation your actions can be summarized in one word - JEALOUSY!

Actually it has nothing at all to do with being jealous. I could care less what he owns, or runs or who he is. It's the arrogant attitude saying that ALL other shows besides RCS and his dad's rides are crap that is the problem. He is entitled to his opinion, that's very true...and he's stated it and everyone knows it...but yet he insists on bringing it up over and over and over again. He stirs the pot.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:46:41 AM
You can't spell jealousy without L-O-U-S-Y , as in ,"he has lousy respect skills" , or "his lousy attitude towards other shows , is a sign of his lousy up-bringing" , or "all of these lousy behaviors cause others to think of him in a lousy light"....get the picture ?
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:48:54 AM
BTW , none of this changes the fact that there was an unfortunate accident on the midway , hopefuly it will get handled in a non- lousy manner , and RCS can learn a lesson from this as i'm sure all shows , [favored or not], have had accidents .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007