• 51.86% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 7, 2004 9:20:15 AM
Man ! Not pretty at all.....[V]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
bladerunner
Monday, June 7, 2004 9:26:24 AM
[:0]thats saddning to see.........
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

Man ! Not pretty at all.....[V]

crazyspin
Monday, June 7, 2004 10:23:04 AM
Skywheelrider
Monday, June 7, 2004 10:54:41 AM
Wow, what a tragedy. I would not even begin to "speculate" as to how it happened. A sad day for all of those involved.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 7, 2004 12:20:03 PM
Wow, an early Hrubetz trooper, old grnd mount. Looks like the center hub spindle fractured, lack of lube, failed bearings, no NDT. I wish them all a speedy recovery.
UserPostedImage
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 7, 2004 5:55:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Wow, an early Hrubetz trooper, old grnd mount. Looks like the center hub spindle fractured, lack of lube, failed bearings, no NDT. I wish them all a speedy recovery.

Looks like the one that was auctioned off at the park in KY a short time ago.

UserPostedImage

Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 7, 2004 6:01:50 PM
From http://www.rideaccidents.com/ 

Quote:

quote:

Thirteen people were injured at a fair in London when a Paratrooper ride collapsed. Reports indicate that the ride's central support broke in two, causing the entire structure to crash to the ground. Most of the injured were standing near the ride when it collapsed. They were taken to hospitals where they were treated for injuries including broken arms, legs and head injuries. None of the injuries is said to be life-threatening.
The ride is owned by John Manning & Son Fun Fair Amusements.

The Health and Safety Executive has begun an investigation.

UserPostedImage