slingshot0317
Saturday, March 8, 2003 7:33:44 AM
What is ur favorite ride that plays music?
squirrel
Saturday, March 8, 2003 8:14:15 AM
you might want to add some other types of music rides - Flying Bobs, maybe... Gravitrons usually have music - most Zippers do too... :)

Steve F.
Sunday, March 9, 2003 7:23:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

you might want to add some other types of music rides - Flying Bobs, maybe... Gravitrons usually have music - most Zippers do too... :)

I've never seen a Zipper with music and frankly I don't think it would work well. While riding it alls you would hear would be a screach of sound every time you got close to the bottom, kinda like what a blairing car stereo would sound like to you if you were a pedestrian(sp) passed by that car.
squirrel
Sunday, March 9, 2003 8:41:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Steve F.

I've never seen a Zipper with music and frankly I don't think it would work well. While riding it alls you would hear would be a screach of sound every time you got close to the bottom, kinda like what a blairing car stereo would sound like to you if you were a pedestrian(sp) passed by that car.

Just about every Zipper I've seen has music (if it's on 'a bigger show'). Then again, it may all depend on what else is on the midway and what area you are in. Also - music is not recommended for a Zipper if the operator doesn't know how to keep his/her eyes or ears tuned into the ride. If they're not watching the ride to begin with, then they have enough to worry about without adding 'being a DJ' into the picture.

Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 9, 2003 9:15:45 PM
luehrs had music and a dj on their tip top, and it made the ride very active
gilly_joe
Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:56:27 PM
I have never saw or heard a Zipper with music. Only things that I have heard that have music are Himi's,Bob's,Break/Crazy Dances,Rainbows,Quasar,and a Round Up[:0]
Liz
  •  Liz
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Tuesday, March 11, 2003 4:17:57 PM
I always thought that the music on the zipper was more for the people in line than the riders. My favorite music ride is Mid America Shows Thunder Bolt!! [:D]
Teddybear_Lar
Friday, March 14, 2003 4:54:02 AM
I love just about all the rides as long as they play rock n roll. Personally I dont hear enough on the midway. Mostly dance music[:(] HAHA [8D][8D][8D]TEDDYBEARS[8D][8D][8D]
mamma teena
Friday, March 14, 2003 7:40:31 AM
Had to be Pugh Shows T-Bolt with Beaver as mike man....
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
BeauceCarnavalMan
Friday, April 4, 2003 6:40:53 AM
Conklin's and World's Finest Shows
Mack Polar Express

Beauce Carnaval's A.R.M. Hotwheels (Himayala)
BeauceCarnavalMan
crazyspin
Saturday, May 3, 2003 5:32:00 PM
The Bertazzon Rock-N-Roll (Matherhorn) is a great looking ride,
Its very flashy. I love the Rock-N-Roll himilaya verson also, But the Matterhorn verson's cars are so cool. [8D][8D][8D][8D]
JustinJames
Saturday, May 3, 2003 10:10:53 PM
I agree with Beaver as a mic man FOR SURE ONE OF THE BEST. I wasn't bad myself LOL!

I've only seen one Zipper with music. That was Pugh's. One of them (blue one) had Casey's personal system on it. The other one (red) had a system on it that I think old man Mike bought, but not sure on that one. Personally I think it isn't a good idea with all the attention just operating the ride requires.

Here's some other rides I like with music...

Wipeout
Orbitor
Scorpion
1001 Nachts/Nights
Alpine Bobs/Thunder Bolt/Music Fest
Starship 2000/3000/Gravitron
Sky Wheel (Pugh's used to have music with Victor on it)
Crazy Dance
Enterprise
Spinout
Fireball/Freakout
Pirate Ship types

I love Wipeouts and Orbitors with very nice systems!
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, May 24, 2003 12:17:07 PM
It's gotta be the himalaya!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 7:01:59 AM
Arnold Amusements' Zipper used to have a LOUD sound system on it the first couple of years they had it. [:)]

But looking at that list, WHERE IS THE CHANCE FLYING BOBS (OR ALLAN HERSCHELL)? That is my pick. And the best one for music/sirens/lights etc. was JCJ Amusements back in the mid-late 1990's. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, October 16, 2003 7:39:51 PM
ZIPPER HUH?? that ride sucks with or without music and BTW... where is the Crazy Dance on this poll?