archived14
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 4:11:19 AM
Outside of "The Funhouse" and "Carny" does anyone know other movies based around a carnival atmosphere? Dont know about you all,but I really enjoy the flicks that take place in a traveling carnival!
bladerunner
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 4:51:56 AM
joe dirt, grease, childs play 3, a few others that slip my mind, paging mr. hurley, paging mr.hurley lol
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gogator

Outside of "The Funhouse" and "Carny" does anyone know other movies based around a carnival atmosphere? Dont know about you all,but I really enjoy the flicks that take place in a traveling carnival!

Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 7:05:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bladerunner

joe dirt, grease, childs play 3, a few others that slip my mind, paging mr. hurley, paging mr.hurley lol
Quote:

quote:

He is talking about movies that are centred on carnivals, not necessarily movies that include a carnival.

All I can come up with are Carny, the Fun House, Roustabout, and the television show "The Rousters."

Movies that include carnivals: Grease, Sleeping With The Enemy, Passenger 57, My Girl, Mortal Thoughts, Child's Play 3, Doc Hollywood, The Jerk, Big, Selena, Never Been Kissed, Joe Dirt, Boys On The Side, Problem Child 2, Mask, State Fair, Mischief, Bronco Billy, and there are a few others I can picture but cannot think of the name of the movie.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 7:19:45 AM
"THE NEW KIDS" I BELIEVE THAT WAS THE NAME OF THE MOVIE. MORE ABOUT A SMALL FAMILY OWNED AMUSEMENT PARK IN SOUTH FL. THE MOVIE WAS FILMED IN HOMESSTEAD FL USING SOME OLD RIDES A OF A HAD LAYING AROUND THEIR WQ. I'M THINKING NED BEATTY OF "DELIVERANCE" FAME WAS ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS, BUT I MAY BE WRONG. I DON'T THINK THERE WERE ANY OSCAR NOMINATIONS.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
bladerunner
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 8:32:10 AM
lol so sorry[;)] i missread [B)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

He is talking about movies that are centred on carnivals, not necessarily movies that include a carnival.

All I can come up with are Carny, the Fun House, Roustabout, and the television show "The Rousters."

Movies that include carnivals: Grease, Sleeping With The Enemy, Passenger 57, My Girl, Mortal Thoughts, Child's Play 3, Doc Hollywood, The Jerk, Big, Selena, Never Been Kissed, Joe Dirt, Boys On The Side, Problem Child 2, Mask, State Fair, Mischief, Bronco Billy, and there are a few others I can picture but cannot think of the name of the movie.

Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 8:45:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

lol so sorry[;)] i missread [B)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Eh, no big deal. I was not trying to be condescending.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
orphaned
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 9:26:23 AM
Who provides the rides in the movie Selena? I just caught part of that last week on VH1...

Also, there's a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing commercial out there on the air now with some rides and also a Milk commercial with rides as well...and there's some commercial, I can't remember what for, that has people riding on a Kamikaze
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 9:34:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bryan

Who provides the rides in the movie Selena? I just caught part of that last week on VH1...

Also, there's a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing commercial out there on the air now with some rides and also a Milk commercial with rides as well...and there's some commercial, I can't remember what for, that has people riding on a Kamikaze

I have seen those commercials, too, and have wondered the same thing. As for Selena, I believe it was filmed in Texas, so that narrows it down just a tad, not much.

Another I thought of is the 1985 video by John Mellencamp for the song "Lonely 'Ole Night." Filmed in black and white, shows extensive carnival footage, and it was filmed in Indiana. I have heard that the carnival was Cumberland Valley Shows, and also Farrow. Anyone know for sure? Rides shown included a Sky Wheel, Super Loops, SDC Pirate, Reverchon Himalaya, Spider, g/m Scrambler, Tilt-A-Whirl, what appeared to be a Chance Toboggan, Dodgem, Schiff Coaster, Eli Hy-5 Wheel, etc.

jfrisoska
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:43:09 AM
what was the name of the clint eastwood movie
where the girl was supposed to be restoring
a carasol house on the board walk.and was killing a group
of people that raped her and her sister when they were younger
there was alot of footage in this movie too [8]
jaybyrd
archived14
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:52:07 AM
yeah,mostly where the carnival is the centerpiece is what I mean. That was interesting info about "The New Kids" flick-didnt know that was A of A. Was it actually filmed at the Winter Quarters lot? "Carny" is a great late night movie to watch when u have some extra pizza from dinnertime lying around the house. I remember one night I stayed at the Albany Fair(Strates of course) till they closed on the last night, then hung out and watched a little teardown. When I got home, Carny was on the late late show. Kind of a coincidence I know,but its true! That one and The Funhouse actually make me feel part of the midway.
archived14
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:53:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by jfrisoska

Was it "Deathwish"???
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:54:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

"Sudden Impact." Came out in 1983. "Go ahead, make my day."
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 11:02:52 AM
The Music Video for "La Bamba". Filmed one night at the LA Sports Arena on the Ray Cammack Shows MGR.
Mamatiger
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:07:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Was it "Deathwish"???

Wasn't 'Deathwish' a Charles Bronson movie?
I think the Eastwood movie you're referring to is Sudden Impact .

P.S. You can get a copy of 'Carny' on Ebay for 99 cents [;)]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:08:39 PM
Well all i know is Bossman's show looked great on HBO's "Carnivale" !! Just kidding bossman!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007