WCAblondie
Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:10:49 PM
[:0]
Have any of you seen/heard of any ride accidents on your show? I saw a few while working on West Coast Amusements & Conklin Shows. On WCA, in 1995, I was working in a mirror joint right across from the Tilt-A-Whirl. All of the sudden, one of the buckets flew off & (fortunately) landed on it's back, while it skidded to a halt on the gravel! I was soo shocked, but what surprised me most was that the 3 kids who were on it(unharmed)instead of freaking out & trying to sue the show, they came back the next day and asked, "Hey, can you guys make the ride do that again"? That was crazy! I was also at the PNE in Vancouver and my friend was working on the Zipper, and I think the R-clip came out of the cage door as the ride was starting, luckily the 2 girls inside were screaming their heads off(while hanging on for dear life!) and no one was hurt. In 1999, at the CNE in Toronto, I was working for Conklin Shows & The Wave Swinger fell to the ground while it was going, injuring 16 kids! There were no serious injuries but I think Conklin got a hefty fine for using unauthorized/faulty parts.
[B)]
Don't ya just love when you're T'ing up the Zipper & some kid barfs & it hits every other bucket!! Hee, hee, that's fun- gross but fun!!
jfrisoska
Friday, May 14, 2004 10:45:16 AM
one time i was running the ORION and this man was
watching it run standing in front on the midway
and a bulb came out and busted on this mans
fore head all he did was walk away [8]
jaybyrd