Industry Leader
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:14:52 PM
Went by Wade shows in Flint tonight. At first glance I thought they had put up a new Amusement Park over the Winter. I was miles away,and could see the Giant Wheel.The closer I got the more impressed I was. BOY someone has done a GREAT job with the layout. I would say that this should be a must see event.
cotton candy maker
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:32:26 PM
I will have to try and get over to Flint. I went by St Clair Shores and sampled some of the food, I got to say it was pretty awesome. I usualy do not eat fair food but I shared an elephant ear with my friend and had some breadsticks and chicken wings that would rival Buffalo Wild Wings I highly recommend sampleing some if you get the opportunity.
Josh
  •  Josh
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:21:31 PM
Wade is a great show! They have definitely helped raise the standards of the carnival industry. (They also have a nice orbiter that travels with them.)
Matt C.
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:27:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Josh

Wade is a great show! They have definitely helped raise the standards of the carnival industry. (They also have a nice orbiter that travels with them.)

I'll second that. I saw a very small unit in Tampa this past winter at the University Park Mall and the show looked great. Even though there was not too many pieces there, what was there looked real nice (especially the Orbitor).. Another thing that really stood out was the impressive joint line up with a mixture of center joints and line ups all in wade shows colors (canvas looked brand new!). I am anticipating visiting wade near detroit in a few weeks along with a few other shows! [:)][:D][8D]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Thursday, May 13, 2004 3:12:18 AM
That is Wade's second unit in Flint, they are at the IMA Sports Arena off of I-69 and Centre Road through Sunday 23 May. The Orbiter belongs to Jimmy Danton actually, and yep, it is a beautiful piece. Justin and Ozzie move the ride. Great sound system, air horn (you have to hear it to believe it), strobes, the whole shot. Easily the best looking unit of Wade.

Van Hull's Zyklon is booked in with them in Flint. I am planning myself to be up there sometime this Saturday, weather permitting (Spring in Michigan, you have to say that, lol). [:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
bladerunner
Thursday, May 13, 2004 5:09:00 AM
what is the ride line up that is there?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Industry Leader

Went by Wade shows in Flint tonight. At first glance I thought they had put up a new Amusement Park over the Winter. I was miles away,and could see the Giant Wheel.The closer I got the more impressed I was. BOY someone has done a GREAT job with the layout. I would say that this should be a must see event.

Skywheelrider
Thursday, May 13, 2004 6:36:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bladerunner

Quote:

quote:

I can tell you basically what will be there, I will get a 100% accurate ride lineup when I get up there, but the second unit lineup does not change much from spot to spot.

Chance Giant Wheel, Van Hull's Zyklon, Polar (Reverchon Himalaya), SDC Pirate, Sizzler, Orbiter, Tilt-A-Whirl #2, Gravitron #2, Zipper, Scooter 2100, Ring of Fire, Mummy's Revenge dark ride, Wacky Shack, Dartron Super Slide #2, Allan Herschell Merry-Go-Round #1, Circus Train, Venture River, Lolliswings, Dragon Wagon coaster, Samba Balloons #2, Moonwalk, Berry-Go-Round, Silver Streak, Jalopy Junctionl, Undersea Adventures, plus a Euro Bungy. [:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
bladerunner
Thursday, May 13, 2004 6:58:43 AM
nice![:D]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bladerunner

Quote:

quote:

I can tell you basically what will be there, I will get a 100% accurate ride lineup when I get up there, but the second unit lineup does not change much from spot to spot.

Chance Giant Wheel, Van Hull's Zyklon, Polar (Reverchon Himalaya), SDC Pirate, Sizzler, Orbiter, Tilt-A-Whirl #2, Gravitron #2, Zipper, Scooter 2100, Ring of Fire, Mummy's Revenge dark ride, Wacky Shack, Dartron Super Slide #2, Allan Herschell Merry-Go-Round #1, Circus Train, Venture River, Lolliswings, Dragon Wagon coaster, Samba Balloons #2, Moonwalk, Berry-Go-Round, Silver Streak, Jalopy Junctionl, Undersea Adventures, plus a Euro Bungy. [:)]

Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 13, 2004 3:36:07 PM
is that jimmy dantons orbiter?
lil egypt
Thursday, May 13, 2004 7:33:00 PM
[:)]
Yes it is Jimmy Danton's Orbiter, good lookin ride huh?
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 14, 2004 2:59:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

is that jimmy dantons orbiter?

Yes sir it is, and it has all the bells and whistles, if you will. Awesome sound system, lots of turbos, even on the bottoms of the tubs, strobes, air horn (Jimmy's "edge" as he calls it, lol). Beautiful ride. [:)]

And if anyone is interested and goes and sees Wade, McDonagh's Amusements is not far away, in Burton at Holy Redeemer church, which is on Bristol Road at I-475, west of Dort Highway. The Fabbri Eclipse is there. [:)]

babyhughie
Friday, May 14, 2004 6:09:50 AM
I drove by the flint lot today and all i can say is "HOLY CRAP"Very impressive line up!And the games look good to chris~[:p]
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 14, 2004 6:22:54 AM
Oh yes, Wade's joints always look good, same with the concessions. [;)]
punkboysa18
Friday, May 14, 2004 6:34:09 AM
The Orbiter has an Air Horn now? The last time I saw it it only had a siren.
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 14, 2004 6:45:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by punkboysa18

The Orbiter has an Air Horn now? The last time I saw it it only had a siren.

Yep, it has both, actually. That air horn is LOUD, too. Jimmy loves it. It is kinda cool. [:)]