DutchWheel9
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 1:41:45 PM
Does anyone know the 2004 route for this Show? Or do you know how I could get in touch with this Show?

Thankyou.

Bob Eaton
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 4:06:37 PM
is this also known as James Gang? it is in the database
Larry Smith
Thursday, May 13, 2004 12:36:31 PM
Yeppers that would be the same. James gang Amusements is owned by Wayne James who used to book in with All American Shows several years ago. He formed his own show in the early 90's and has slowly built what IMHO is a very nice show. Most of their pieces are older but they take immaculate care of them. Seeing is believing. They just might have the best looking Rock-O-Plane I have ever seen. If you get a chance to see them dont pass up on the chance.....[;)]
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 14, 2004 3:53:01 AM
Sounds like a nice show. Anyone got some photos? [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Larry Smith
Friday, May 14, 2004 11:44:25 AM
I know I got a pic of that Rock somewhere around here.......Might have to give me a little time to find it though.....
IndianaTED
Friday, May 14, 2004 4:25:12 PM
I will likewise vouch for James Gang.

Not long ago, Wayne and crew rehabbed his Himmy, now it is a very nice piece!

I remember when he just booked on his Himmy and a Glass House with All-American. Now to see what his Show has developed into along with AAS's stagnation the last 5 years or so, in some ways I think James Gang has caught and maybe surpassed his old bosses Show.

They have two different philosophies...AAS newer, more sophisticated rides, but less overall in quantity...JGA older, classic rides, but well maintained and more rides than AAS. I can see the value of both, but given that I'm 40-something, James Gang really appeals to me with what they are doing. But I understand the younger crowd would probably lean towards AAS.

I will get to see them both over the 4th of July holiday. AAS plays my local 4th event in my hometown, while James Gang is just 30 miles south of here at the same time. And the very next week, I get to see the Drew Exposition just 20 miles to the west.

Two of my favorite weeks in the year!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
orphaned
Friday, May 14, 2004 4:56:43 PM
I know they added an Expo Wheel last year...and this year they bought the first new Majestic piece (like a Flying Coaster)...it was supposed to be on display at Gibtown but had some motor problems....dunno if they have it yet or not. Wayne, and his son Rodney, are both very nice guys.
pegasus2127
IndianaTED
Monday, May 24, 2004 1:08:47 PM
Anybody have a complete ride list for them?

It's been a couple of years since I last saw them and I will catch them in about six weeks from now. I'm just curious to hear whats been added since then, and maybe what they've traded or sold.

I'll say it again...I like this Show!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.