DutchWheel9
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 1:16:25 PM
Hi Sixcat,

In a recent posting you say you can remember almost every lot layout of every show you have ever been on. That is INCREDIBLE! What a rich store of knowledge.

Anyway, I LOVE complete ride lists and lot layouts from county and state fairs past, so I was wondering if you could provide me atleast the complete ride lists--if not the lot layouts instead--of all the county and state fairs you can remember having played at during your career.

I would appreciate it tremendously; I LOVE this stuff.

Someone else has provided me the complete lot layout for several years of the Iowa State Fair in the 1970's and what he does is use a small round piece of wood or small round object to show where each kiddie ride was on the lot--he prints the name of each kiddie ride inside each circle--and a little bigger size round piece of wood or object to show where each of the big rides were on the lot--he prints the name of each big ride inside each circle. A very simple process, really. For rides that are not exactly round in shape--such as the Zyclon Roller Coaster--he simply makes a rectangle using free hand.

I know that this would require some time, but that is JUST FINE with me. There is no rush. Just knowing that one day I would get to see these past midways in lot layout form is enough to keep me going.

If you wanted me to pay you something for this project I would be willing to do that.

You older guys saw so much great stuff back in the Golden Age of the American carnival. I sometimes wish I had been born earlier so I could have seen it to. Many of today's shows are just not as good as the shows were back then.

Well, when you have some time please get back to me on this and let me know.

My email address is bobeaton777@hotmail.com.

THANKYOU VERY MUCH for your consideration on this matter, Sixcat.

Bob Eaton
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 1:55:20 PM
I can see them in my mind but to put it all down in writing is more then a job I'd want to do. I'm into fun things and that would be more like taking a test.

Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 2:00:36 PM
When I was a kid on Playtime, the ride lineup was a Jenny, a Big Eli #5 wheel. A chair plane, an octopus, a tilt 4 or 5 kiddie rides, about 6 or 7 backend pieces and 20 joints. All one of a kind. In other words, if I had the duck pond, you couldn't have one. There was no trailer joints, even the food. At the Maine fairs they would run a girls show. My favorite thing was to sneak in and, well, you know. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives