Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 4, 2004 7:13:24 PM
Has Coleman Bros opened yet this season?
Haven't heard any mention of them yet this year.
I did see an AB ad for a July 4 spot in Bridgeport,CT for Bob Coleman Jr's Five Star Amusements.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 10:29:47 AM
They opened up in March in Middletown, Connecticut. Timmy Coleman and Anthony Oaks are running the show. Bad weather to start but since then it's been Jam up. I just called Anthony after I saw this post and he said it's been better then any year in his memory. he said last Saturday was like a big fair. Good for them. You won't find better people in this business. Bobby JR., has his own show now and is not affiliated with CBS. While talking to Anthony, I confirmed my locations for Lowville and Boonville.
Sixcats have nine lives
knasinnh
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 10:57:35 AM
Sixcat

In talking Anthoney is Mary up here yet? I can't find her number and want to go visit them. Do you have any idea what there route is?
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 2:59:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by knasinnh

Sixcat

In talking Anthoney is Mary up here yet? I can't find her number and want to go visit them. Do you have any idea what there route is?

They don't post a route until fair time. In fact I asked Anthony where they were this week and he said it's a secret. I laughed and said I hope the public will be able to find him. I emailed you on how to get a hold of her. Good luck.
Sixcats have nine lives
knasinnh
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 3:14:12 PM
Sixcat

Thanks for the info. Do you cross paths with Diane Joubert? She and her late husband used to travel with Coleman. I live not to far from where they had they food joint down at Salibury Beach in MA.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 4:46:08 PM
Is anyone planning on getting any pics of Coleman this season and posting them on webshots.
cny_chris
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 5:18:32 PM
I will be trying to get to see Coleman this season. No promises, but I will see what I can do. I will post pictures and a trip report if I do end up getting to one of their spots.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 5:32:00 PM
I'll get pictures IF I see Coleman this year.

Anybody know where they'll be August 3-8?

Bill P.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 7:15:42 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

I'll get pictures IF I see Coleman this year.

Anybody know where they'll be August 3-8?

Bill P.

Guessing Norwich. Not sure though.
Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 7:17:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Is anyone planning on getting any pics of Coleman this season and posting them on webshots.

I will when I play with them in July
Sixcats have nine lives
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
Thursday, May 6, 2004 4:47:10 PM
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, May 7, 2004 5:40:07 AM
It's almost always the week after Morris, which is only at most 20 miles away.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Missin it
Friday, May 7, 2004 11:18:15 AM
I noticed CastleRock bought a Coleman Bunkhouse, when I went to the lot in Highland last night. Sixcat, just wanted to let you know they prescribe to the same thought's, they were throwing stock nicely, I spent a few hours there with Art Gillette and noticed a lot of stock walking around
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
SkyDiver
Saturday, May 8, 2004 11:26:23 AM
Coleman Brothers lost the Chemung County Fair which is August 3 - 8. I believe they are going to sit dead that week as I don't believe they have anyplace to go.

I believe this is their 2004 Summer Route

1) Lowville, NY - July 20 - 24
2) Boonville, NY - July 26 - Aug. 1
3) Norwich, NY - Aug. 10 -15
4) Bath, NY - Aug 17 - 22
5) Trumansburg, NY - Aug. 24 - 29
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, May 8, 2004 11:39:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SkyDiver

Coleman Brothers lost the Chemung County Fair which is August 3 - 8. I believe they are going to sit dead that week as I don't believe they have anyplace to go.

I believe this is their 2004 Summer Route

1) Lowville, NY - July 20 - 24
2) Boonville, NY - July 26 - Aug. 1
3) Norwich, NY - Aug. 10 -15
4) Bath, NY - Aug 17 - 22
5) Trumansburg, NY - Aug. 24 - 29

They may have lost a spot but you don't know the carnival business saying they will lay dead. Do you think shows don't book a spot in the middle of the season if they lose one? They'll pick up something. Engage brain before using mouth.
Sixcats have nine lives