Thursday, April 1, 2004 8:54:03 AM
Here's what's there. Opens tommorow...

Giant Wheel #2
Polar
SDC Pirate
Zipper
Sizzler
Tilt #2 (COOL new paintjob)
Orbitor (finally running after the Florida shut em all down)
Ring of Fire
Silver Streak
Crazy Sub
Critter Train?
Morbid Mansion
Gravitron #2

Other kiddies and such

Its time to play!!!
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, April 1, 2004 9:10:19 AM
hey we saw that Pirate moving up the road on Monday. what a POS that thing is. Don't get mad squirrel, no bashing im just reporting the facts. When i see a ride at a truck stop and deem it not worthy of me stealing anything off of it, it has to be pretty bad.[8D]
JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 1, 2004 9:46:27 AM
LOL. It's the VERY first major ride Frank purchased after buying the Wade Shows back in the day. It's a restoration job in progress. I friend of mine did a LOT of work internally and as far as it going together much better now a days.[;)]

I talked to Jimmy Danton today for a while. He said the last several spots have been in DIRT and MUD lots. He sounded relieved that they were on asphalt this week so they could get things tidyed up a bit.
Erik9976
Thursday, April 1, 2004 5:00:35 PM
does anyone know if Wade got any new rides for 04 season
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, April 1, 2004 5:34:54 PM
Rumor was they bought the a Cuckoo Haus from Elliot Amusements, not certain of that though.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
2ndgencarnie
Friday, April 2, 2004 7:47:15 AM
they better replace that pirate... i just can't get over that.
oscar de grouch
Friday, April 2, 2004 9:11:33 AM
Wade Shows runs a huge operation virtually year round, My husband takes care of all the maintenance and refabrication of a medium/large sized show and its all he can do to keep up with it somedays, and he works so hard he rarely gets to see his kids. so, if all you can knock is an old pirate ship that they are in the process of re-fabricating, well then I would have to say they are doing a pretty good job. Someone posted above that they are doing some internal stuff to it. Sometimes they start from the inside then move on to the "cosmetics" Apparantly your operation is so small and insignificant that you have no idea what your talking about 2ndgencarnie, and to publicly announce that you would steal things off someone elses ride or equiptment tells me your the stereotypical "carnie" and not the real deal. Because regardless if your in high competition with another's outfit you don't steal off their show, at least thats what I was taught, and I am 3rd generation.
2ndgencarnie
Friday, April 2, 2004 9:41:29 AM
wow oscar your cool. Anyone who knows me knows i was joking with the crack about stealing the stuff. I know plenty of people who would but thats not me. Good for your husband, maybe one day he will see his kids more often, until then, just have an affair. Im not the real deal huh. im 21 years old and i have probly put in more hours then you will in the next 21 years. Im getting too old for this business and what comes with it. But poeple like you, people who think they are better than others, who take a chance to try and stand up and be the good guy on something that was obviously a joke... well your the reason i wake up on a lot every morning. The more poeple the hate me in this business the better. I want everyone to know my name and reputation. Im in it for the love of the business, i haven't made money doing this in years. Nowadays i spend alot of my time defending the few friends I have left. But i couldn't walk away from this oppurtuntity to share a lil bit of my mind. Have fun on Wade Shows, BTW, im leaving for Pikeville KY this weekend... a spot the Frankie tried to get and could not close a deal. Sit on that until i get back.
oscar de grouch
Friday, April 2, 2004 11:54:52 AM
First of all, I do not work for Wade Shows in any way shape or form.
But, I do happen to know how hard some of their guys work to keep everything going. It hurts when your criticized all the time and you have proven the point with your lame comments. But due to your age in a few years you might grow up. [:)]

Secondly, I don't think I am any better than anyone else. I am in a business I was born into and love. I just felt that you were being really critical over one ride as well as an embarrassment to this industry with your "joking" comment about stealing things off the ride, perhaps if you were seriously joking you should have put a smiley face in it or something to indicate that you were.
Tizim
  •  Tizim
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, April 2, 2004 1:22:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by oscar de grouch

First of all, I do not work for Wade Shows in any way shape or form.
But, I do happen to know how hard some of their guys work to keep everything going. It hurts when your criticized all the time and you have proven the point with your lame comments. But due to your age in a few years you might grow up. [:)]

Secondly, I don't think I am any better than anyone else. I am in a business I was born into and love. I just felt that you were being really critical over one ride as well as an embarrassment to this industry with your "joking" comment about stealing things off the ride, perhaps if you were seriously joking you should have put a smiley face in it or something to indicate that you were.

you go girl [:D]
Time?? Is it the wheel that turns,or the track it leaves behind???
*~Tizim~*
Josh
  •  Josh
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Friday, April 2, 2004 3:59:00 PM
Alright 2ndgencarnie I have been reading your posts over the last couple of months and have found them interesting and funny at times but that last one goes to far. Oscar and her husband are great people! If you are really with it and for it you should appreciate and understand the hard work that Oscar's husband puts in everyday. You shouldn't be making comments such as:
quote:

Good for your husband, maybe one day he will see his kids more often, until then, just have an affair."

quote:

But people like you, people who think they are better than others, who take a chance to try and stand up and be the good guy on something that was obviously a joke

Oscar might have misinterputed your joke but her standing up for the people at Wade Shows is not because she thinks she is better than others but rather the fact she has grown up in this industry and knows how hard it is to keep every piece on a show looking brand new. It might not be hard for you to keep your rides looking like they just came from the factory because you don't have 60+ rides traveling all over the US year round. I had the great honor of traveling with Oscar and her family last summer and I will tell you they were willing to help me with whatever I needed.

quote:

I want everyone to know my name and reputation."]

I don't know what kind of reputation you are building for yourself when you make comments like you do on this board.

Finally how many times are you going to tell us that you are 21 and own your own show. I bet you have probably posted that at least 10 times since coming to this board. We get it! (I will however congratulate you on your achievement) Just because you are a owner doesn't mean you put more time and effort in than any ride jock or other employee on the midway. The industry needs all the help they can get from all type of people.
2ndgencarnie
Friday, April 2, 2004 5:07:06 PM
wow, this place gets more funny by the day. I make a simple crack and now im the bad guy. I like the reputation im building. Most people in this business write me off from the get go because of my age and i love it. That is why i feel the need to state it. I must have atleast one fan since your keeping stats of what i say and how many times i say it. Who ever taught you these nieve(SP?) thoughts no one will steal things from other shows are just as bad off as you are. I could care less what you poeple think of me cuz i have a few comfy homes that i need just as much as they need me. This business is going down the crapper and unless some of the small shows start working together the bigger shows are gonna adventually run us over. If i was serious about nabbing a few things one thing is for sure... i would do it from a show the size of Wades, they can afford it. I know a few people who feel the exact smae way as me, the just aint't got the nerve to say it because they now poeple like you guys will criticize they every remark, i quite frankly don't care. I have a lil personal issue with Frankie after what he pulled while we was in Pikeville last year, but thats a whole nother post. Get a life, get a clue and get off my back. YOU WILL ALL MISS ME WHEN IM GONE[^]
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, April 2, 2004 7:47:49 PM
I wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft polish basketball player. [xx(]
Sixcats have nine lives
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, April 2, 2004 8:20:23 PM
Well, I know that some people here probably wont like it but I am going to put in my 2 cents worthwhile I have a shot. First of all, I think that I can see where your trying to come from 2ndgencarnie, I understand how this started out by being a joke and has gotten bigger and bigger. I understand what Oscar means as well since her husband does put in a lot of hours and I think that your comments about her family were a little un called for, however it is your opinion and your welcome to it. I have had the pleasure of talking to her for a while now and find her to be just as good as everyone else, not above as you seem to think. I tend to agree with others that your comments tend to be rather rude and crude at times, but so many carnies are, it is just the way it is. As for your achievement, I think it is a great thing, I don’t think it is necessary to keep reminding us of it, we are not on here tooting our horn all the time, and as for people writing you off because of your age, did you ever consider it was because you just seem to have a bad attitude? I am sure this statement will offend you, but in most of your posts you tend to say (type) things in a way which seem to present you as being a rude person. I am sure that you don’t mean to be, or maybe you do, either way it is your right to be however you wish. I for one am done rambling on and will be back later to see how things are going. For what it is worth I hope things cool down around here, no need to get bent out of shape over a misunderstanding.

Jimmy D

In the mean time, I have uploaded some pics of Interstate Amusements from teardown, I know I already posted that, but I figured that if anyone wanted to take a look now was as good a time as any. Also I hope to have some pics from Amusements of America's WQ up in a week or two, for those of you who are interested.

www.jntenterprise.com/JntNew/news.htm 

James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Lnr
  •  Lnr
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Saturday, April 3, 2004 2:56:16 AM
I'm not going to bash the young man for his comments, with age hopefully comes maturity. I'm 40+ years in the business with a working knowledge of all aspects of the business and I learn something everyday. As a "Showowner" many of his comments belittle himself and other members of the profession. He will hopefully learn that he must be a businessman first and "Showowner" second and as such has a responsibility to the employees and independent operators that work with him. A reputation is really only what other people think about you and in this business that can be a powerful tool or a handicap. I will admit that I have not paid attention in the past to a lot if his comments so I have not yet formed an opinion of his "reputation". I can say though that the comment a show the size of Wade Shows can afford to lose parts and pieces of equipment joking or not shows that he really doesn't have a grasp on the business end of our profession. Big or small the bottom line is the same and the more you spend the less you have, expenses are high enough without having to pay for vandalism. It also give the impression to others that it might be cool to just take something off a ride "the carnival can afford it". 2ndgencarnie I hope in the future you take your "position and responsiblities" seriously hopefully you have already found that it's harder to be a leader than a follower.