bladerunner
Thursday, April 1, 2004 6:19:57 AM
how much do ride artists charge when the paint a mural on a ride? do they have to have they're own paint and materials? do they "prep" the ride themselves. im trying gathering as much info as i can, so when im ready to do such projects i'll be prepared.[;)]
archived01
Thursday, April 1, 2004 6:32:51 AM
I think it depends on who you hire and how big the mural is. Most artist want the surface preped though.
bladerunner
Thursday, April 1, 2004 7:02:05 AM
lets say a guesstimate price for a gravitron, enterprise, funhouse, and a darkride (each ride) and does the ride owner give you a theme on what he or she want painted?, or is it up to the artists imagination? thanks, dave
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Alpine Amusement

I think it depends on who you hire and how big the mural is. Most artist want the surface preped though.

JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, April 1, 2004 10:04:38 AM
Those are some good questions, and, as Alpine said, it is really up to the owener and the Artist, for me, I usually tell the artist a basic idea of what I want and they just let them do it. Some artists like to just go on their own. As for pricing it really depends on how much they have to do, some artists dont do any of the prep work, some do it all, so it really depends on what your really having them do. For the paint job on the Thriller to be redone by Bill Browning it would be around $10,000. And that is with us doing all the prep work, but Bill charges a lot, but it is well worth what he charges, in my opinion.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
bladerunner
Thursday, April 1, 2004 11:45:33 AM
wow! 10 grand! thats a bunch of money![:p] im lucky to have art talent, now i just have to put it to use![;)]
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmy D

Those are some good questions, and, as Alpine said, it is really up to the owener and the Artist, for me, I usually tell the artist a basic idea of what I want and they just let them do it. Some artists like to just go on their own. As for pricing it really depends on how much they have to do, some artists dont do any of the prep work, some do it all, so it really depends on what your really having them do. For the paint job on the Thriller to be redone by Bill Browning it would be around $10,000. And that is with us doing all the prep work, but Bill charges a lot, but it is well worth what he charges, in my opinion.

Jimmy D

bladerunner
Friday, April 2, 2004 3:58:19 AM
if your ever in the sarasota florida area look up a guy named ivan zacksby, he in my opinion is a great artist and he is fairly inexpensive i think he charges like 3,000 or 4,000 grand for his work
i have some pics of his work posted on my webshots acct.
http://community.webshots.com/user/gravitron2358 
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmy D

Jimmy D