Skywheelrider
Monday, March 29, 2004 12:19:24 PM
http://community.webshots.com/user/wonderlandshows  and they are not what you would expect. Two 100 picture albums of....GAMES! lol With all the talk lately about some people asking for more games photos, I thought I would oblige. Actually, I have been wanting to do this for some time now, and decided to go ahead. With the new Webshots Desktop, I can upload all 100 photos at once and not have to sit in front of the screen. Nice! Anyways, next on the agenda will be concession trailers done the same way, been wanting to do that, too.

I have uploaded day, evening/dusk, and night shots of trailers, centre joints, line-ups, hi strikers, and the like, from the following shows in Michigan and Ohio from over the past few years:

Pugh Shows, Amusements of America, Playworld Amusements, Wade Shows, Mid America Shows, Cumberland Valley Shows, Poor Jack Amusements, Star Valley Amusements, Kiddieland Ride Company, Double D Amusements of Michigan, McDonagh's Amusements, Jules and Beck Combined Shows, Family Funtyme Amusements, J and J Amusements, Arnold Amusements, Great Lakes Amusements/Elliotts Amusements LLC, A.J. Carl Shows, Skerbeck Brothers Shows, Schmidt Amusements, and various independents. Some of the indy's I know what games are their's, some I do not, so I just listed the show the games were with. If anyone knows a certain games and who owns them, drop me a PM or email and I will gladly change the caption(s).

Anywhoo, here are direct links to the two new albums:

http://community.webshot...om/album/128908870kQGBej 

and

http://community.webshot...om/album/129218355cEjKgY 

Enjoy, comments appreciated! [:)] [/color]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, March 29, 2004 12:46:38 PM
nice pic chris... I saw alot of Bob's space racer games....
you always have the best !
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
crazyspin
Monday, March 29, 2004 1:18:12 PM
Awesome Pictures Chris! Definitly something unique![:D]
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, March 29, 2004 1:54:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Enjoy, comments appreciated! [:)]

Really nice photo's Chris. I especially enjoyed the night time ones. Some of the games looked real nice. Other's should find a day job.

I learned a few things. One, jointies have no imagination. Way over half the photo's were of balloon darts. is that the best great minds can come up with? Copying what everybody else does?
And the other thing I learned. Never have Chris Hurley come to your show to take pictures because, when he comes, no one else does. In almost all the pictures day and night, the midways are empty. Jinx jinx jinx. [;)] Just kidding Chris. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, March 29, 2004 2:29:34 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the pics. I actually enjoy food and games pics more than rides.
FunkyTown
Monday, March 29, 2004 4:28:22 PM
Awesome Pics Chris!! When is it gonna be your models?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 29, 2004 5:51:34 PM
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:19:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Enjoy, comments appreciated! [:)]

Really nice photo's Chris. I especially enjoyed the night time ones. Some of the games looked real nice. Other's should find a day job.

I learned a few things. One, jointies have no imagination. Way over half the photo's were of balloon darts. is that the best great minds can come up with? Copying what everybody else does?
And the other thing I learned. Never have Chris Hurley come to your show to take pictures because, when he comes, no one else does. In almost all the pictures day and night, the midways are empty. Jinx jinx jinx. [;)] Just kidding Chris. [;)]

Thanks all! Yeah, we see a lot of balloon joints here in Michigan. And I mean a lot. lol Those, a lot of water guns, too. You are right Sixcat, everyone seems to copy each other. I recall a couple (maybe three) years ago, the "Block Buster" games were very popular. That was the building blocks that looked like childrens blocks that you had to knock over. Seemed like I would see at least three or four on every midway I visited, did not matter which show it was. Now I hardly see that one anymore. Goldfish and duck ponds are popular, too.

And the older games that I recall seeing all the time have seemed to slowly disappear. Set Up The Bottle is one I see only once in awhile, Tip 'Em Over, Ring Toss (big rings), etc. I have started seeing the Bowler Roller quite often again though, after hardly seeing one for quite a few years. Three years ago, I was contacted by Nickleodeon Magazine, the kids mag, about using a couple of photos of games that I had taken (they had seen them on Webshots) for use in an article on carnival games they were doing. They requested a photo of the Milk Cans, and would you believe, I spent two months in the Spring of 2001 looking for one and could not find one? I had to settle for Wade's Tip 'Em Over, and I sent them also the Pitch Till You Win that was with Double D Amusemets that year and that was the one they went with (yes, I have a copy of the magazine, lol).

The nicest joints, IMHO, belong to Wade Shows and Playworld Amusements. Mid America's also look nice, but the round umbrella joints take some getting used too, lol. McDonagh's are unique in that they are all rainbow coloured. The most unique game, and one of the coolest, IMHO, is McDonagh's Bug Buster, very cool to watch.

I am waiting for BigEli to comment on all those sitting on the counters in quite a few of the photos, lol.

As for me clearing a midway, lol, I just like to wait until there is no one in front of the games to get a nice photo, if possible. I tend to go early in the afternoon, too, when the crowds are usually lighter, and a lot of the night photos were taken late in the evening, after the crowds had thinned out. Much easier to get nice photos that way. I just try to get as few people in the photos as possible. [:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:28:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

Unique Bowler Roller seen on Strates in recent years.
http://community.webshot.../87421308/87422666sLAgYt 

Bill P.

Very cool! I like the neon sign. The facade looks huge! [:)]
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:59:44 AM
Love the pics chris , sixcat you bring up some great points , especialy the one about chris , j/k . I enjoy the game pics more then the ride ones myself , i'm a little biased . I look forward to the upcoming concession shots .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
babyhughie
Friday, April 2, 2004 10:41:30 AM
Nice pic of helen eaches' scat cat chris[:D][;)]
Skywheelrider
Friday, April 2, 2004 10:55:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by babyhughie

Nice pic of helen eaches' scat cat chris[:D][;)]

Thanks, thought you might like it. [;)] By the way, I have not seen it since, oh, 2002, she still have it? [:)]
babyhughie
Friday, April 2, 2004 1:47:04 PM
Yes she does, in semi-retirement for the last year but i see it coming out soon!