opie
  •  opie
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, March 21, 2004 7:30:59 PM
I went to the pontiac silverdome saturday. It was great. I got to see the skywheel matt and blake redone in person. I nice job. I miss the lights in the towers though. They replaces the flourescent lights with neon.NICE!!! there were two lights out, but matt said he was getting to those after the show closed. The skymaster was dark, it had lighting trouble with it too. They had a few new rides since i last time i had seen them. A larson fireball(ring of fire with lapbars) a majestic scooter, a dizzy dragon , and the premier piece, the eclipse. This i was told is a fabri ride. Awesome action. Reminds me of a crazy dance, but much much better. The lighting package was so awesome. Music was good and the spin out of this world. I rode it and was done riding anything else. I waited awhile and rode the skywheel for chris hurley, because i know he loves it so much. Then my girl and i were ready to go. I saw a few friends though. Pee Wee was in the filler up. Jody tilton and his wife were slinging pizza, Matt Mcdonaugh was delegating, Blake was working with Spooky(james adams) on the skywheel, And Mudd Flap was being Mudd Flap.The show was very clean. Matt gave me a little tour of the show. He did a nice job replacing those plastic peices on the stirrups. You know how they break apart. He fabricated new peices out of metal. They non skidded the platforms and said that they were getting the chrome strips to go above the ballys any day. the horses were freshly painted. One set of horses were exceptional because the were painted in the them of a flag on the blanket and it really caught my eye. Now the trailer mounted scrambler was something to see. It had bald eagles with flag themeing on the foot rests and the sides. And similar themes on the back. It was really nice. I visited my daughter earlier that day and used up all my batteries in my digital camera, so i didn't get a chance to get pictures. I think i might go back this weekend to see them. The show overall was awesome. Lights good. Clean . Help well groomed. I only seen one person that looked shady, but the rest of the help looked nice and polite. Plenty of girls to look at. LOL and uniforms were neat and clean. They really were nice. I was out back and i noticed that they adapted a wire trailer like pugh shows. They had wire crates and a forklift. Reminded me of Steve Wendel. God rest his soul. Nice show and i look for them to grow bigger by the year. So if your up for a trip or in the detroit area check them out. They are there through this next weekend. Pontiac silverdome, Pontiac Michigan.
opie
  •  opie
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, March 21, 2004 7:32:51 PM
Another new ride was the blizzard. It's a one trailer himilaya but i am not for sure if it was majestic? Pretty ride and good operator.
punkboysa18
Sunday, March 21, 2004 9:12:15 PM
Yeh that Eclipse is CRAZY. I went on expecting an o.k. ride but came off with my wallet, glasses, and phone in my hand... it really
@&%#ed us up.[:0] Especially when they stop the table at the top and get it spinning really fast, I thought I was in a mosh pit... a good one of course. It was a really fun ride. Unfortunately the ride was not at the greatest sopt at the Texas State Fair. I almost didn't even see it. Bill told me it was there but it took me a while to find it.
JustinJames
Monday, March 22, 2004 12:56:49 AM
Chris and I (along with my fiance and son) are heading up there this evening.

The Blizzard you speak of is a Wisdom Himilaya. I did some lighting work on it last year for Matt and Tom along with their 1001 Nachts.

The Skymaster was lit 90% last year right up to the end of the season. I wonder what happened. I can't wait to finally see the Eclipse. We didn't get it up here last season like Matt thought it would so it will be nice to see finally.

Thanks for the report Opie.
TopSpinJay
Monday, March 22, 2004 1:59:57 AM
i dont know what it is mabie its just the location of wires and equipment but kamikazi/skymaster type rides allways have problems with lights so thats not at all uncommon unfortunatly
You'll miss us when were gone....
Skywheelrider
Monday, March 22, 2004 2:14:50 AM
Nice report Opie, looking forward to seeing the show tonight. I plan on getting lots of pics and I will post them ASAP. lol [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, March 22, 2004 4:22:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Nice report Opie, looking forward to seeing the show tonight. I plan on getting lots of pics and I will post them ASAP. lol [:)]

Skywheelrider, how about a few pix of the games for us from that side of the midway?
Sixcats have nine lives
Skywheelrider
Monday, March 22, 2004 5:55:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Skywheelrider, how about a few pix of the games for us from that side of the midway?

Absolutely! If you look through my Webshots albums, I always try to make sure I include games and concessions. Check my albums out at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/wonderlandshows 

http://community.webshots.com/user/chanceskywheel 

http://community.webshots.com/user/chrishurley70  [:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 22, 2004 6:03:34 AM
be careful today chris. do not get tooooooo excited about the first carnival this year. jk. lol.
Skywheelrider
Monday, March 22, 2004 6:10:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

be careful today chris. do not get tooooooo excited about the first carnival this year. jk. lol.

[;)]
JustinJames
Monday, March 22, 2004 6:11:58 AM
I lit McDonagh's 1001 Nachts up last year for them. 100% lit and flashing in proper sequences. The computer is in the center hub (EEEK, close to the comentator). It moves with the ride and that causes jolting and jerking on it so it messes up a lot. The Skymaster they have they took the computer out of it. It's straight wired and all on instead of chasing. Something else funny... The Eli signs weren't lighting up last year and (dippy) Dave and I trouble shot it in Armada last year. It was the chaser and you need SPECIFIC chaser for EACH different set of lights on there. We wired it straight so it would at least light up. Tom liked the signs better not chasing LOL.