Carnie_Joe930
Tuesday, April 6, 2004 7:30:38 PM
Hey Sixcat, how about the Beehive and the Mini-Banger(looked like a little Hi-Striker)??? Both of them had a G!
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, April 6, 2004 10:13:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnie_Joe930

Hey Sixcat, how about the Beehive and the Mini-Banger(looked like a little Hi-Striker)??? Both of them had a G!

Finely, someone that gets it! Yes, Joe. I do remember those joints. Our friend B B whose Dad had Playtime Shows had a beehive. And, I do remember the mini banger. Dumb joint. LOL. I was at a "hit the road" dinner party tonight and got in a discussion with some old timers. We were talking about how the agents of today aren't really agents but heat merchants. An agent back in the 60's was proud when he could "lay a joint down" to the "Mark" and have him leaving saying I almost had it instead of wanting to burn the show down like the collection agents of the present.

Here's a joint I forgot and the guys brought up tonight, The nail joint. The only joint that you'd give the mark a weapon while you're beating him out of his "BR" LOL. Talk about a joint with a G. I remember a center joint once with the big 6x6s on the 4 counters and 8 agents, two on each side, giving marks a hammer and beating them out of their cash. More beefs on that joint and remember what caused them? The agent would always get his nails mixed up in his apron. Always a big laugh about the nail joint in the cook house.

Thanks for the memories Joey. Any more?
Sixcats have nine lives
Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 6:22:31 AM
Dayum! I forgot about that Nail Joint. I think Joe Mikaloiche(spelling) ran one for a while on our show when I was a kid. I remember him sitting there talking to me while "tweaking" the nails, oblivious to the "marks" watching him. Here's a couple more joints that I don't think anyone mentioned: I can't remember the name of this one, but the object was to knock a half-dollar off the top of a pool ball and out of the circle that was drawn on the pool table felt. The other game was the A-B-C Balloons.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 6:57:48 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat
We were talking about how the agents of today aren't really agents but heat merchants. An agent back in the 60's was proud when he could "lay a joint down" to the "Mark" and have him leaving saying I almost had it instead of wanting to burn the show down like the collection agents of the present.

Being i was educated by some old school collection agents , i definitly see your point . I always loved the thrill you get after you check someone up and they thank you ,and shake your hand , leaving and still wanting more . I considered my job a failure if i caught a beef over a "score" . However those days are long gone , California , along with alot more states are becoming very strict , alot of spots you can get away with certain things , but in this day and age of liberal crybabies , you can catch a "beef" for just about anything . I noticed if you keep a good stock average you can afford to let people cop , [not to say give the joint away] , but as long as people see people win , it saves face for all the times they've seen them lose on 20/20 , or Dateline . It's a trend i've started to see more and more of . I'm sure things were alot different on the shows mentioned in this thread , wish i couldda been there....
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Bossman
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 6:59:45 AM
Someone mentioned Toby Slugg, I think they were talking about Toby Suggs out of Goldsboro, NC. I always had to check out his girlie shows for the "county health department".
bladerunner
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 7:19:56 AM
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 9:51:11 AM
Quote:

quote:

Dayum! I forgot about that Nail Joint. I think Joe Mikaloiche(spelling) ran one for a while on our show when I was a kid. I remember him sitting there talking to me while "tweaking" the nails, oblivious to the "marks" watching him. Here's a couple more joints that I don't think anyone mentioned: I can't remember the name of this one, but the object was to knock a half-dollar off the top of a pool ball and out of the circle that was drawn on the pool table felt. The other game was the A-B-C Balloons.

We called that "circle pool." I also had an ABC balloon. That was the beginning of the end for me and "wise guy" agents. Talk about kooks. I got so p***ed one day I ran them all out of the joint and put in my "shiv rack," took about an hour to switch and went to work myself. Had so much fun dealing soup I stayed in it all week. I broke two hanky guys in it and they ran it from there. The next year I quit all the G joints and went to the boardwalk. Five years later, I was back on the road throwing merchandise and have been going that route ever since.
Sixcats have nine lives
Carnie_Joe930
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 12:08:38 PM
Hey it just came to me....wasn't that pool game called, "English Pool?"
bladerunner
Wednesday, April 7, 2004 12:10:06 PM
that does sound familiar
Quote:

quote:

Hey it just came to me....wasn't that pool game called, "English Pool?"

Sixcat