ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, March 14, 2004 9:22:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the most hard-to-find Faller carnival kits are, more specifically the ones out of production? Were there ever any prototypes or ideas that never made it to the shelves?
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
TopSpinJay
Sunday, March 14, 2004 10:00:34 AM
well there were several suposed prototypes people have sated they have done, but shelfed only because when it was down to it- faller thought the market dident want it. popular stuff changes quickly.
You'll miss us when were gone....
tamadachi76
Sunday, March 14, 2004 5:53:06 PM
Faller Carousel is rare as bleep. I bought an overpriced one on eBay.
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.
Skywheelrider
Monday, March 15, 2004 3:47:47 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by tamadachi76

Faller Carousel is rare as bleep. I bought an overpriced one on eBay.

The Jupiter jets are rare. So rare that I got into a bidding war on Ebay for one new in the box just before last CHRISTmas, they guy that beat me went all the way up to $125. Too rich for me! I ended up getting a built one about six weeks ago for $50. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Monday, March 15, 2004 4:56:13 AM
Here's what I paid for what I consider to be my rare finds...

Mammoth Cave-$180
Revue Of Illusions-$20
Magic Vision-$18
Sports Show-$20
Bounce Castle-$30
Shark Show-$40
Shark Show Truck-$20

Still need to get an obervation tower, teacups, and a rocket. I know someone is selling the blue big dipper, still sealed for $165, it looks much less reliable of a kit than the new one, anyone here have it?

Matthew
Monday, March 15, 2004 12:00:11 PM
Be prepared for a bidding war if you decide to go for the Tea Cups. As for the older Achter-bahn, I have read that it's less reliable than the newer version.

引用:

quote:

Originally posted by ECZenith

Mammoth Cave-$180
Revue Of Illusions-$20
Magic Vision-$18
Sports Show-$20
Bounce Castle-$30
Shark Show-$40
Shark Show Truck-$20

Still need to get an obervation tower, teacups, and a rocket. I know someone is selling the blue big dipper, still sealed for $165, it looks much less reliable of a kit than the new one, anyone here have it?

crazyspin
Monday, March 15, 2004 12:17:46 PM
Both versons of the Achter-Bahn are a pain in the A**! Trust me! Save your $165 [;)][}:)][}:)]
swooper
Monday, March 15, 2004 1:21:49 PM
the Acter Bahn looks cool but trust me the insurance will put you out of business. For every 100 that ride you kill 95.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.36% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 15, 2004 3:14:24 PM
I have the older faller coaster and it worked great for the first six months or so. Hasn't worked right since. Tracks tend to shift subtlely on it. The redesigned one is supposedly better. They stretched it out to make the drops more gradual.
Last two rare kits I found were the bounce and Magic Vision both of which I found new from hobby shop vendors at a Train Show. You can see what's recently been discontinued by looking in the Walthers site. I believe rainbow has been discontinued recently.
tamadachi76
Monday, March 15, 2004 5:28:20 PM
Anybody have or know if the Wild Maus is a good kit or not? Haven't heard much about it.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 3:38:42 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by tamadachi76

Anybody have or know if the Wild Maus is a good kit or not? Haven't heard much about it.

I have one, but have only opened it up and looked at it. Looks very complicated to put together, and very time consuming. I have heard it is hard to get the cars to run correctly. Not sure when I will build it, it is HUGE and I really have no place to put it right now even if I did build it. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 3:42:00 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Matthew

Be prepared for a bidding war if you decide to go for the Tea Cups. As for the older Achter-bahn, I have read that it's less reliable than the newer version.

引用:

quote:

Mammoth Cave-$180
Revue Of Illusions-$20
Magic Vision-$18
Sports Show-$20
Bounce Castle-$30
Shark Show-$40
Shark Show Truck-$20

Yep, I got into a bit of a bidding war on the Tea Cups, they ended up going for over $100. The Viewing Tower 'Rust' is another one, I watched an auction for it, and it ended up going for close to $200. [:0] I was bidding on a set of built Faller kits, of which the Revue der Illusion was one, and then the seller cancelled the auction. Bummer. [V]
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:47:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...44460&category=11646 

It's back on ebay now, Skywheelrider. :)

Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 5:22:40 AM
引用:

quote:

Thanks a bunch! Weird though, I wonder why the same seller ended the first auction and is now trying again. Strange. Oh well, I hope the same thing does not happen again! lol [^]
tamadachi76
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:22:32 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

引用:

quote:

Thanks a bunch! Weird though, I wonder why the same seller ended the first auction and is now trying again. Strange. Oh well, I hope the same thing does not happen again! lol [^]

Maybe the seller had a buddy bid on it cause he didn't get the amount he wanted for it. Or maybe the seller has memory problems. [:p]