squirrel
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 7:31:23 AM
As part of my 'maintenance' before the summer season starts and I am not around, I need all members to go through their Private Messages Inboxes and clean them out. We are sitting on over 5000 read and unread messages that are over 15 days old. This is not a email server, and I do not have the storage space to provide that kind of service. If you have messages you want to save, open a copy of your Notepad or Wordpad or something and copy and paste the messages to your computer. Thank you.

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but it's just that time to clean things out. Thanks.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 10:53:05 AM
Done .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
squirrel
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 11:02:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

Done .

Thanks [;)]

As a side note, these messages account for approximately 30% of the database which as they disappear, will allow the system to speed up somewhat without the extra overhead. I'm still working towards some hosting upgrades at the moment (the season starts soon -- maybe the spring will be dry and the upgrades will come soon!)
crazyspin
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 12:59:47 PM
The have been put in the trash! [;)][:D]
Toni
  •  Toni
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 1:03:35 PM
SaraAB
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 3:32:33 PM
sorry, i am working on cleaning mine out
squirrel
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 3:56:00 PM
It's not that it's an immediate rush, but the cleaning does help the system, and I do appreciate it as well. My biggest fear is that many of the message, especially unread ones belong to old member accounts, or one where the password was forgotten, and a new account was created to get around it. The old messages are still in those boxes, and I don't want to 'force the system' to clear them if they legitimately haven't been read (but it's still alot of dead space being taken up) [8D].
cny_chris
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 4:11:32 PM
Just flushed a whole bunch from the last week or so. I've found that it's easier to take care of them as they come in or within a couple of days.

Also found my outbox surprisingly clean today. Must be the folks I've been PMing are doing their part as well![:D][:D]

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Drayven
Thursday, March 4, 2004 3:13:43 AM
Done AND...[:D]

Peace + Love = Information
bladerunner
Skywheelrider
Thursday, March 4, 2004 4:00:11 AM
All done, Inbox and Outbox. [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Annybananny4
Thursday, March 4, 2004 5:57:32 AM
No one loves me so no one writes me, I'm not a problem. AW todays my 21st Birthday and the most exciting thing I'm going to do today is watch the baby while Shawn works all night. Happy Birthday to me! Fun Huh?
AnnyUserPostedImage 
squirrel
Thursday, March 4, 2004 7:25:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Annybananny4

No one loves me so no one writes me, I'm not a problem. AW todays my 21st Birthday and the most exciting thing I'm going to do today is watch the baby while Shawn works all night. Happy Birthday to me! Fun Huh?

Happy Birthday, Kiddo--
carnivalangel14
Thursday, March 4, 2004 11:48:53 AM
*Poof!* Messages deleated.

~V~

*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, March 4, 2004 3:05:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Annybananny4

Happy birthday to you ,happy birthday to you ,happy birthday dear annybananny,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOUUUUU !!!![:o)][:o)]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007