bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, February 29, 2004 1:52:07 PM
Anyone familiar w/ these guys ? They're setting up a block down the street from work .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 29, 2004 1:56:01 PM
That's Bob DeStefano's show. (used to be partners with Bill Reiss on Silver Dollar Shows before they split into two separate shows. Reiss is now Blue Sky.) If SDS Mike was on here he could tell you more about Dreamland.
squirrel
Sunday, February 29, 2004 1:58:35 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

That's Bob DeStefano's show. (used to be partners with Bill Reiss on Silver Dollar Shows before they split into two separate shows. Reiss is now Blue Sky.) If SDS Mike was on here he could tell you more about Dreamland.

You don't want to ask him about Dreamland. That's a sore subject that has personal detail involved... Already once today, this has come up and it turned into a bashing war. Just wanting everyone to keep their cool -- nothing personal [;)]
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:00:59 PM
Well, IMHO, DeStefano runs a nice show. I noticed they were at the NC Fair meeting so figured he was playing in that state more now.
I won't touch the controversy since I know nothing about it.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:02:51 PM
Wonder if they named the show after the old Coney Island Dreamland?
They are from Long Island NY I think so that would make sense.
squirrel
Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:16:53 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

Well, IMHO, DeStefano runs a nice show. I noticed they were at the NC Fair meeting so figured he was playing in that state more now.
I won't touch the controversy since I know nothing about it.

I have nothing against him personally, either (and have never seen his show). I just wanted to save someone the lashing that Mike might dishout over him [;)] if he was asked about them...
Jzrider0720
Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:39:48 PM
"Mike says: bob has a beautiful show, he just dislikes the owner...."
Bossman
Sunday, February 29, 2004 3:11:26 PM
bigeli, Dreamland has bought land for their WQ's in Pender County. I met Bob in Greensboro during the fair meeting. I don't know if they have started building on their site.
crazyspin
Sunday, February 29, 2004 3:44:20 PM
I saw some pieces from this show early this season. There a very nice show!
The have a really nice one trailer Mulligan Wheel (new this year)
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Monday, March 1, 2004 3:58:20 AM
Thanks for the info guys and gals , I noticed their trucks say Georgia . I believe I dealt w/ Stefano yesterday when I asked to take some pics . He said I could , and asked where they would be used . I told him here , and asked if he had ever heard of MCW , he said he had not . Anyway , when I get to work i'll post the pics .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
orphaned
Monday, March 1, 2004 4:16:17 AM
I'd find it hard to believe that Bob Distefano had never heard of this site considering the "connection" to the former show that hangs out here a while lot....errr..used to hang out here.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Monday, March 1, 2004 4:20:35 AM
I thought the same thing Bryan , maybe he's a little shy , or possibly not Destefano . He was older , greying hair , and a moustach . He was either Bob's lot man , or someone of authority cause he was in charge .
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Monday, March 1, 2004 4:22:17 AM
BTW the reason I asked this first was I noticed SDS's profile ,and saw the picture , I didn't know if this show was too taboo for everyone or somethin' . [;)]
orphaned
Monday, March 1, 2004 4:32:01 AM
If it's a carnival, then I don't think it's taboo to discuss it. Regardless of the circumstances of the show or who here likes the show or not....
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Monday, March 1, 2004 4:40:06 AM
Good point Bryan I just was trying to keep a " " bashing scenario from accuring . Anywhoo , i'll have the pics posted when I get to work , and will get more .