Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, February 27, 2004 12:00:50 PM
Titel says it all:
http://www.kermissite.nl...rum/viewtopic.php?t=3275 

Not ready yet. Seems that the ride can be transported on one trailer (without extra decoration).
[url=periocus.de]UserPostedImage[/url]

Modelle - Dioramen - Design
proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
jfrisoska
Friday, February 27, 2004 4:04:42 PM
do you have any pic's of it set up ?[8]
jaybyrd
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 27, 2004 4:27:48 PM
She looks like a Break Dance to me. Those would make the best looking tubs ever seen on a tilt and very retro too. Me like!
UserPostedImage
Jzrider0720
Friday, February 27, 2004 4:43:44 PM
looks like a mixture of a breakdance and a tilt
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 27, 2004 5:37:38 PM
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
Friday, February 27, 2004 8:49:23 PM
No set up pics yet. Seems that the ride is transported for finishing the decoration and the painting.
Hope to get the time to visit the ride at its debut in Enschede.

proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
David
  •  David
  • 52.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, February 27, 2004 9:09:12 PM
Looksmore like a clone of the Huss Magic to me.

It clearly looks like the cars are suspended from arms but then racked on the back to me looks like the centre part of the arms.

THe smaller peices appear to connect the cars suspened.

If they are not arms they could be crests to a track bit it looks tpp straight to me.

Its difficult to work out.

Certainly the strangest Waltzer \ Tilt A Whirl ride I have seen so far.
OUT NOW! Amusement Rides European Special 3: Oberhausen-Sterkrade (Germany) DVD
Trailer and information can be found on the website
http://www.amusementridesdvd.co.uk 
HUSSRAINBOW
Friday, February 27, 2004 11:14:30 PM
FIRST THOUGHT = Huss Magic
you are right David, it looks soo much the same, and you can definetly tell that the cars are suspended from that top part on each car........ should be interesting, but not if its like magic
UserPostedImage
crazyspin
Saturday, February 28, 2004 4:58:46 AM
Matthew
Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:41:25 AM
It's an odd design. You can see the king pin where the tub attaches to the turntable. I don't know what the upper pin is for. I'll be interesting to see it fully set up. Judging by the number of tubs, it looks as if it's going to be smaller than the Tilt. Looks like Sellner is going to have some competition if KMG's Waltzer is a success.
cny_chris
Saturday, February 28, 2004 8:50:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 02/28/2004 : 12:41:25 PM by Matthew

It's an odd design. You can see the king pin where the tub attaches to the turntable. I don't know what the upper pin is for.

The upper pin if you look at it has a red triangular bracket attached to it. If you look at the yellow hinged posts on the center post of the ride, there's a red bracket holding two of the yellow posts together, that looks to mate with those red triangular brackets. So you have a pivot point at the top and bottom of the tubs. I'm not seeing anything that looks like bullplates on a Tilt anywhere on the trailer. I wonder if this design dispenses with them and just has a bottom pivot point for each car that moves around the ride in a channel in the decking. More weight is probably carried on the top of the car, hence the top pins.

Also, most Waltzers that I have seen pictures of, are in an enclosed structure with some sort of roof (more like a Himalaya "building"). This may also play into the design of the ride.

Quote:

quote:

I'll be interesting to see it fully set up. Judging by the number of tubs, it looks as if it's going to be smaller than the Tilt. Looks like Sellner is going to have some competition if KMG's Waltzer is a success.

This ride may not be geared towards the American market. Then again there's always a first.

The overall design looks to be a typical KMG product, beefy structure, the fold out supports, compact design. Should be interesting to see pictures during and after setup. I think it will answer a lot of questions, and show just how ingenious this design is.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
Friday, March 5, 2004 11:40:24 AM
http://themepark.nl/ubbt...b=5&o=&fpart=all 

If you scroll down a bit, you can have a look at the design of the seats. I think it will be real fun ride.

proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
Matthew
Friday, March 5, 2004 3:28:01 PM
So it looks like each seat can hold four riders instead of five. I hope there'll be some pictures of this ride set up.
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
Friday, March 5, 2004 9:28:14 PM
The debut is in about 5 weeks. I think we can have some setups in 4 weeks.
Interesting will be the third ride, which is build at the factory right now. Do not remember, if i posted this link before:
http://themepark.nl/ubbt...;o=&fpart=1&vc=1 
So it seems that KMG is working on rotating swinging ship, too.[;)]

proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 6, 2004 12:05:25 AM
I have not seen those b 4 Sven. KMG is really on a roll. Nothing happening here is the USA as far as what I know. I think the economy here in 04 will hit us hard.
UserPostedImage