Mst458
  •  Mst458
  • 54.98% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, February 14, 2004 6:19:23 AM
This is taken from today's local newspaper (Star-Gazette).

Fair will see return of Strates Shows

The James E. Strates Shows will return to the Chemung County Fair this summer.

Rick Curren, manager for the 162th Chemung County Fair, said Friday that the agreement with Coleman Brothers was terminated for breach of contract. Coleman Brothers has provided the midway shows for the fair for five years.

Its current three contract was to expire in 2005.

Curren would not comment on what the breach of contract involved.

He said more details of plans for the upcoming event, scheduled for Aug. 3 to 8, will be announced in coming weeks.

The fair book that exhibitors use to plan entries will be available mid-March to early April, he said.

http://www.stargazettene...com/local/Salocal12.html 
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 14, 2004 6:29:17 AM
I wonder how you breach a contract ? I mean I can see if it was breached by not bringing what you agreed to bring , but I wonder if , or how it could of been breached before they showed up this year ? Does this accure often ?

So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Larry Smith
Saturday, February 14, 2004 6:34:42 AM
Well if what he said happened last year with some of the rides not running then I suppose they could consider that a breach of contract.....
imfos
  •  imfos
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Saturday, February 14, 2004 9:58:50 AM
I understand how excited you must be. Think you could contain all that excitement to just one thread? No way. This is perhaps the greatest news ever.

Who cares? Before one of your alter egos jump in to tell me how big a deal this is, save it, as I will not follow the link again.

back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 14, 2004 12:17:57 PM
seeee this is what really "BLOWES UP MY SKIRT " people like this tryin to start trouble, if you don't care about this post don't read it... and better yet don't post to it....
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are