r1981474
  •  r1981474
  • 53.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 12:13:11 PM
Ok everyone, the 2004 Florida State Fair is only 9 days away and anticipation is growing and growing. Since my last update on the fair, I have kept in contact with United Shows Of America. The ride list for the fair has not changed and is not likely to change under any circumstances. In fact, the only way that there may be a change is if there is a last minute cancellation and another independent shows up on the lot. The ride list and information regarding the 2004 Florida State Fair is available via e-mail in Microsoft Word format. You may contact me at griggs1981474@aol.com and request the information.

It is also to my understanding that the fair will not have the half price POP armbands on opening night. This information comes from inside information from the fair authority. You may contact the Florida Expo Park hotline at 1-800-345-FAIR from 9AM-5PM if you would like to verify the half price POP information.

I am located in Port Charlotte, FL and I will be heading to the Florida State Fair on Saturday, February 7th. If you would like to spend the day at the fair with me enjoy what the fair has to offer, please do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible.
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:34:27 PM
So I should print this page out...

http://www.floridastatef...peName=Link&RoleID=2 

and when they say no I'll raise hell.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

cny_chris
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:44:29 PM
Good point, Hoffa. I saw the same thing. So you won't be the only one to protest if they don't want to honor it.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
orphaned
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 3:05:37 PM
Your list did not mention GEREN RIDES..but in AB Gregory is quoted as saying GEREN will have several rides there.
orphaned
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 3:06:12 PM
Furthermore, the $10 armband is listed on THE CURRENT state fair site...I don't think your info is valid AT ALL.
Cstephens
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 4:23:33 PM
i had no idea geren rides was coming to the florida state fair. i wonder what they own (curious)
r1981474
  •  r1981474
  • 53.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 3:38:15 AM
Bryan, I do apologize about the armband information. The reason that I posted that information regarding the armband was that I was told that there would be no $10 armbands on opening day. Also, I was gathering information while the Florida State Fair website was down for construction. By the way, all of the other information is valid and since one piece of information was somewhat screwed up, don't knock down all of the work that I did put into gathering insite into the Florida State Fair.

As far as the ride list goes, Geren Rides is not on the list. In fact, I have contacted United Shows of America and Geren Rides never replied to any of their correspondence. The ride list has been updated and there is only 99 rides, no longer 100. For the current list, please contact me via e-mail at griggs1981474@aol.com
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 3:55:22 AM
I contacted Mr. Geren (about work) He said he was taking 3 rides in there,one of them The Zipper, is supposed to be the only one there.
My albums are all on Facebook!
orphaned
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 5:08:25 AM
Well...all I can say is that in the AB this week, Gregory is quoted as saying "Geren will be there with several"
Josh
  •  Josh
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 5:26:12 AM
I do not want to make enemies on this board but Bryan lay off the guy. He has provided the board with the most complete and up to date information available regarding the Florida State Fair. It is more than AB has provided so far. A couple of days ago you said, "Have been there the past three years on Thursday night...have yet to see a half price $10 wristband night that night...am I right JohnC?" and then Hoffa provided us with the link. Therefore, you made the same mistake regarding the half price wristbands. Should we not trust anything you say now either because you made one mistake. The man has done what he can to provide us with accurate information. He could have just kept the information to himself but he decided to share it with everyone. He even went as far as to offer to email anyone interested the ride list. Your negative attitude towards new members will make them leave the board. Then you will be the first one *ing about how dead it is and asking why everyone has left.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 6:21:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:26:12 AM        

I do not want to make enemies on this board but Bryan lay off the guy. He has provided the board with the most complete and up to date information available regarding the Florida State Fair. It is more than AB has provided so far. A couple of days ago you said, "Have been there the past three years on Thursday night...have yet to see a half price $10 wristband night that night...am I right JohnC?" and then Hoffa provided us with the link. Therefore, you made the same mistake regarding the half price wristbands. Should we not trust anything you say now either because you made one mistake. The man has done what he can to provide us with accurate information. He could have just kept the information to himself but he decided to share it with everyone. He even went as far as to offer to email anyone interested the ride list. Your negative attitude towards new members will make them leave the board. Then you will be the first one *ing about how dead it is and asking why everyone has left.

[;)]Hey Coaltar, izat u?
UserPostedImage
JOHN C
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 6:34:05 AM
i tried to remember we have gone to the fsf for the last 4 years i have never remembered there being a wristband night on thursday...it has always been on that first friday for $20.00.....if i am wrong someone correct me
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 6:57:52 AM
maybe there haven't been 1/2 price wristbands on the first night before (I don't recall them the past 3 years) but this is the 100th anniversary of the fair, and they are trying to make opening night better attended. I think it is great. Wish the Space Wheel was going to be there as I could stay on it over & over then.
Plus, one of the Gerens told me at the TN state fair meeting that they were headed to FL with several rides to the FSF. I am sure that is true, don't know which ones but since Geren bought many of United's spots, I think Ed will try to fit them in somewhere there.
I'll be there opening night - how many on MCW plan to be?
(unless it is POURING down rain, I'll be there.)
See you at Gibtown, I'll be in National Ticket's booth just inside the main exhibit hall.
orphaned
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 7:10:12 AM
Haven't missed opening night the past three years...see no reason to break the streak this year...JohnC and I will be there...and yes..Geren's is going to be there too.

I dont remember half price armbands on opening night either John. We rode every opening night..and there was NO sign at ticket booths about it...we bought strips..remember?
orphaned
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:45:56 AM
Josh,
Check you private messages. Instead of me taking the immature
route that you have chosen, I will take my comments to you in private.