Thunderbolt2
Friday, July 23, 2021 7:51:14 AM
Does anyone have a ride list for this year, I know it should be a lot if not all of Strates normal line up, but checking to see if the Pirate is there, all three music rides, and any book-in's.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 23, 2021 11:44:11 PM
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 23, 2021 11:52:50 PM
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.56% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:07:30 AM
I was at the York Fair yesterday. I never saw anything called "Mega Jump" unless that meant the two Bungy Jumps there, both were book ins.

The Lady Bug trailer had a CO temporary license plate from March!

The Dizzy Dragon had fencing from Reed Exahbitions.
wvscott
Saturday, July 24, 2021 9:22:49 AM
had to be a logistical nightmare to get some of those loads that far north without the train. Surely some of those rides or loads have not been over the road long distance for years as they normally travel by train.
Thunderbolt2
Saturday, July 24, 2021 4:58:41 PM
Ok, thanks for the update.

Yeah, you know its tough getting all that stuff north without the train and with the help situation this year. Glad to see shows back on the road this year and making money, but looking forward to next year as long as things keep on the right track.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 24, 2021 8:34:15 PM
Lady Bug Silver Streak is new from Wisdom, hence the temp Colorado plate.
Dizzy was acquired from Reed or whomever sold off their stuff around 2019.
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.56% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Sunday, July 25, 2021 6:12:13 AM
A couple of additional notes from York on Friday -

A joint agent told me that Strates was still going to bring out the train this year. Not sure I believe him.

While walking by the office trailers I heard some of Strates workers saying "thats going on ahead to Hamburg". I can think of three possibilities -

1. Something that was with the show in New Jersey is skipping York & Elmira and going ahead to Hamburg
2. Something there in York is skipping Elmira and going ahead to Hamburg (most likely possibility)
3. The train is coming out and going ahead to Hamburg.

I got there at 10:30 AM (opened at 11) and while things started out slow they picked up quickly after noon. By 5 PM the midway was so packed you could barely move. It was "Dollar Days", all rides just $1, still what a huge crowd. I hope they can keep it up for the rest of the fair.
ridejocky
Sunday, July 25, 2021 8:26:06 AM
Originally Posted by: JimW 

A couple of additional notes from York on Friday -

A joint agent told me that Strates was still going to bring out the train this year. Not sure I believe him.

Were his lips moving?

Ride the Zipper?
Thunderbolt2
Sunday, July 25, 2021 2:54:20 PM
Well the train will not be coming to Hamburg this year:

https://spectrumlocalnew...-taking-place-this-year- 

However, I believe if things keep improving it should be back out next year. I doubt he would bring it out for just the southern fairs, but I get it about the contracts, and of course no one knew for sure if this year was going to be good or not, so I think most shows played it safe......well that and the labor problems too.
ridejocky
Sunday, July 25, 2021 11:39:43 PM
The only thing I really liked about the York fair was the ham & cheese bagels...
Ride the Zipper?