kaelanistheway
Friday, December 11, 2020 11:17:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been looking for pictures of Great Sutton Shows for years, but I've had no luck. I've posted on several Facebook groups in the past looking for pictures, but no seemed had any pics or seemed to know much about the show. I've a lot of interest in this particular show because they provided the rides for all of my local carnivals growing up. I live in Eastern, Kentucky and my greatest childhood memories are of this particular show. I would LOVE to see pictures of all of their rides and see if they look like I remember. I'd also love a ride list of what they had over the years. If I'm not mistaken, their last year of operation was 2005 because that was the last carnival they brought here was August of 05. They always brought the same rides every year and they were

1. Octopus
2. Swinger
3. Scrambler
4. Gravitron
5. Rock O Plane
6. Round Up
7. Fun Slide
8. Carousel
9. Various kiddie rides

Those were always the staples. I clearly remember that their octopus was yellow tubs with blue arms. in 2004 they brought a Zipper, that was the only time with that ride. Years earlier, they had an Eli wheel that was red and white, and when I was really small (probably around 5 or 6) so 2001-2 they brought what I've worked out now to be an Eyerly Sidewinder. I think. It was giant to me at the time, I had never seen anything like it. It was painted seafoam green and purple. I believe it was a Sidewinder, could've been a Roll O Plane. I'd really love to see that specific ride with the colors I remember just to confirm my memory. Anyways, any pictures at all would be so very much appreciated and a fulfillment to reminisce on some sweet childhood memories. Thank you!
ringmaster
Wednesday, December 16, 2020 11:37:28 PM
https://www.flickr.com/p...tripmemories/3299653693/ 
Great Sutton in Indiana, From the Frank Sinatra movie "Some Came Running".
My only memory of the Sutton Show was in the early sixties. A pickup came on the lot pulling hot wagon
The plant was in an old railroad style circus wagon. The wagon had a single tow bar hooked to the trailer hitch, and the wagon was swinging wildly side to side. I got out of the way because I expected it to flip over ant time.