hussrainbow87
Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:46:32 AM
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but does anyone have photos of Strates Rainbow when it was yellow and purple?

I've included one image i've been able to find.

Just wanted to show my mate as he's purchased the ride here in Australia and currently working on refurbishing it! Exciting times!

Thanks

UserPostedImage
ridejocky
Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:41:42 PM
Good luck, I sure someone has some.

I knew the guy moved it back then (Brent "Bubba" Irwin) but he's dead now as I understand it.
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:06:52 PM
goodness, remember that year, did not like those colors when it was in Anderson, but by the next year it was back to the original colors.

Now, the Enterprise and when he had the TriStar they would change the colors from time to time and it looked good, these just seemed to not fit the Rainbow.

Sorry but to answer your question I do not have of this color, do have some when it was the original colors.

But I am sure it will look good, glad its getting used and not sitting rotting away. Hope you all make good money.
ridejocky
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:59:49 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

goodness, remember that year, did not like those colors when it was in Anderson, but by the next year it was back to the original colors.

Now, the Enterprise and when he had the TriStar they would change the colors from time to time and it looked good, these just seemed to not fit the Rainbow.

Sorry but to answer your question I do not have of this color, do have some when it was the original colors.

But I am sure it will look good, glad its getting used and not sitting rotting away. Hope you all make good money.




When did they change the tub-color on the Enterprise? I thought it looked hideous last time I saw it.



Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 9, 2020 11:27:34 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

When did they change the tub-color on the Enterprise? I thought it looked hideous last time I saw it.





I think they are still multi-colored right now, but was talking back in 80s and stuff, they kept the tubs grey if I remember, but they would paint the rest of the ride up from time to time, always thought back then it looked good, remember some color changes on TriStar as well.
ridejocky
Thursday, April 9, 2020 11:48:58 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I think they are still multi-colored right now, but was talking back in 80s and stuff, they kept the tubs grey if I remember, but they would paint the rest of the ride up from time to time, always thought back then it looked good, remember some color changes on TriStar as well.



They were silver metal-flake, Tri-Star as well.




Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:51:36 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

They were silver metal-flake, Tri-Star as well.






your right.....seems i remember TriStar being a blue one time, with some blue/red lights, like that paint up.
ridejocky
Friday, April 10, 2020 5:50:48 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

your right.....seems i remember TriStar being a blue one time, with some blue/red lights, like that paint up.



Yeah, I remember the Tri-Star being mostly blue, but not sure.

Wasn't the Enterprise green with tan/buff sweeps & orange fence posts?

The Enterprise looked great with the back wall and all the fence-posts lit up...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, April 13, 2020 5:23:05 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Yeah, I remember the Tri-Star being mostly blue, but not sure.

Wasn't the Enterprise green with tan/buff sweeps & orange fence posts?

The Enterprise looked great with the back wall and all the fence-posts lit up...



yeah remember that on the Enterprise, the green, and do remember the tan. Seems a lot of Huss rides had that green, Deggeller's Pirate and I believe parts of the 1001 Nights had that green.
thunderbolt85
Friday, August 14, 2020 3:23:29 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Yeah, I remember the Tri-Star being mostly blue, but not sure.

Wasn't the Enterprise green with tan/buff sweeps & orange fence posts?

The Enterprise looked great with the back wall and all the fence-posts lit up...




I remember too just before he dropped it from the line up, painted the structure of the Tip Top a brown color, I mean the tubs were still different colors and some other, just remember a lot of brown, didn't like it as much.

The Tip Top was one major ride I wish he could have kept for longer, just seems to be a great family ride and love the sound.
ridejocky
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 10:17:50 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I remember too just before he dropped it from the line up, painted the structure of the Tip Top a brown color, I mean the tubs were still different colors and some other, just remember a lot of brown, didn't like it as much.

The Tip Top was one major ride I wish he could have kept for longer, just seems to be a great family ride and love the sound.



Not sure why he dropped the Tip-Top, didn't win much money but it was easy to move and single trailer. It was a heavy-a** load though...

The Tri-Star tubs were all silver when I was with it, same as the Enterprise...


Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 12:06:50 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Not sure why he dropped the Tip-Top, didn't win much money but it was easy to move and single trailer. It was a heavy-a** load though...

The Tri-Star tubs were all silver when I was with it, same as the Enterprise...




Wow, didn't know the Tip Top was such a heavy load, I know in the 70's Deggeller Magic Midway had one and had the tubs racked on a straight truck with other parts, the only time I had every seen it done that way, there are some pictures online of the straight truck with tubs on it. Then the brothers had one that was all on one load.
ridejocky
Wednesday, September 2, 2020 3:39:52 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Wow, didn't know the Tip Top was such a heavy load, I know in the 70's Deggeller Magic Midway had one and had the tubs racked on a straight truck with other parts, the only time I had every seen it done that way, there are some pictures online of the straight truck with tubs on it. Then the brothers had one that was all on one load.



Two different rides...

Ride the Zipper?
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0