rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, December 28, 2019 4:13:55 PM
Look at this beautiful Rampage in Las Vegas from back in 2016. I thought I would be seeing these make a showing on State Fair midways with the sky wheel being so rare now. I believe there is a show in Kansas that has one. Can anyone name a show that has one and why has this ride not been more popular with the big shows? I would love to see this ride along with a Y Factor on the same midway.

RodB
Patrick McGuire
Sunday, December 29, 2019 9:24:58 PM
That looks like Wold Amusements Rampage. They had it up at the Winter Wonderland in Cal Expo in Sacramento 2 years ago. I rode it a few times and took videos. It gave great rides. He purchased it from Ken Johnston's show several years ago and I believe he had it completely refurbished with LED lights. I think Wisdom had something to do with the refurbishment but not sure.
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, December 30, 2019 11:45:51 AM

There was one at the Missouri State Fair with Reed Expo several years ago and it seemed to do well during the time I was there. I have some video of it somewhere I need to find. There was either Murphy Brothers Jaguar Express or a Bayern Curve there that year I am not sure which one. The Rampage had some of the older campers there talking about how they missed seeing the Sky Wheel on the midway.
RodB