rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, September 9, 2018 10:24:11 AM

Living in the central plains states where severe storms are common during the fair season, do carnivals have a plan in place to cover their next spot if they were hit hard by a storm? I remember once a tornado tore through a small carnival in Kansas and it made me wonder if shows that cover major fairs and festivals have plans set in place if this were to happen to them.
RodB
JustinJames
Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:19:09 PM
Hurricane Florence is making landfall where we are in NC. I'll let ya know. Lol
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:25:00 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Let's pray that it goes northward or dies out. Be over one day I hope. If there is a positive at least we can prepare for it. usually with a tornado there is no big advance warning.
IndianaTED
Sunday, September 9, 2018 9:06:07 PM

Sending good thoughts your way...hoping for the best for your equipment, but more importantly, you, your family, and your staff.

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Monday, September 10, 2018 7:07:50 AM

I hope you don't have too (LOL), you all above all stay safe, but tear that stuff down if you have too before it comes in if it does.
thunderbolt85
Monday, September 10, 2018 7:11:27 AM
I remember when Hugo came in, Childress tore everything down and then put it back up after it had passed using trailer to block some wind.

Crown Amusements, AofA, and a few others also tore down rides and some fairs were forced to cancel that year.

I figure most shows might could reach out to someone to book in if they lost a lot of equipment.

I know a lot of fairs and show owners are watching closely right now, seems almost every year the mtn state fair gets hit with a hurricane, or the remains of one.

Watched the weather this morning and you guys in NC need to watch out.

Everyone be safe.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, September 10, 2018 6:44:41 PM

I did not know if any thought was put into a situation like that and I cannot imagine anyone would be able to just drop whatever they had going on to be able to cover on short notice.
RodB