ridejocky
Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:24:59 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yep, Deggeller did that, they were provided by:

Deggeller
Strates
CVS
Forrest Waltz



Yeah, I was thinking Strates had one of them, would have been no reason for me to be there if he didn’t.


Ride the Zipper?
Astro85
Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:01:40 PM
In the 80’s, Blomsness All-Star had a Sky Wheel for a season or two. They even painted up the aux trailers orange, with the All-Star logo on it. I think it would have been 85 or 86 maybe. I thought I read somewhere All Star booked it in from Todd Armstrong. Not sure though.
thunderbolt85
Friday, August 3, 2018 6:22:46 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Yeah, I was thinking Strates had one of them, would have been no reason for me to be there if he didn’t.




Yeah, you know Deggeller and Strates used to book together a good bit, remember Deggeller's Sky Wheel, and Huss Ranger at the NCSF, and they had the Huss Break Dance booked in at the Central Florida Fair as well.

thunderbolt85
Friday, August 3, 2018 6:24:47 AM
Something we don't talk as much about but I know shows out west had them as well. How about Cammack's Sky Wheel, at least I figure they had one at one time, what color was it, if anyone knows?

CTS had one didn't they, and then of course Murphy Brothers, Bluegrass, and some of the other shows out that way.
ridejocky
Friday, August 3, 2018 7:17:29 AM
It is interesting that (I believe) a fully lit Skywheel has more fluorescent tubes than a Skydiver...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Friday, August 3, 2018 12:13:04 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

It is interesting that (I believe) a fully lit Skywheel has more fluorescent tubes than a Skydiver...




I think you're right, you would have the:

1. Star Lights
2. Rim Irons (two on each one)
3. Tower lights
4. Lights on the bars that stretch from the wheel axle's to the bull wheel (can't remember what they are called).
5. Lights on the Bull wheel
swooper
Friday, August 3, 2018 12:16:27 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I think you're right, you would have the:

1. Star Lights
2. Rim Irons (two on each one)
3. Tower lights
4. Lights on the bars that stretch from the wheel axle's to the bull wheel (can't remember what they are called).
5. Lights on the Bull wheel



I believe it is 240 for the skywheel if i remember correctly.

the bars that stretch form the axels to bull wheel are called truss rods
Tornado
Friday, August 3, 2018 2:51:07 PM
and a Sky diver would have 96 fluorescent tubes (32 sweeps x 3 tubes per sweep).
Tornado
Friday, August 3, 2018 2:52:53 PM
wooops meant 192... forgot about the other side too.....
Tornado
Friday, August 3, 2018 2:54:40 PM
plus the lights on the sky diver were not removed, were they, unlike the Sky Wheel.
bigjlh
Friday, August 3, 2018 4:02:13 PM
thunderbolt,there was hispanic man that had a skywheel on the west coast he used to book at alot of those cali spots,can not remember his name also he booked a super round up.might have had his own show at one time.or part of one from pictures seen yrs ago pretty flashed up.maybe some of the west coast members could maybe tell the history of it.lot of skydivers on west coast still being set up though.seem popular there are just for the flash of them.i think powers&thomas had west coast roots.seen butlers at state fair in cali,looked good painted a turquoise color on sizzors and trailer,with bio of piece on front scenery.
ridejocky
Friday, August 3, 2018 6:38:47 PM
Did Western Pacific Shows ( the Lopez brothers) have a Skywheel?
Ride the Zipper?
ridejocky
Friday, August 3, 2018 6:46:56 PM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

I believe it is 240 for the skywheel if i remember correctly.

the bars that stretch form the axels to bull wheel are called truss rods



Had to check the lights in the towers before you stood it up because you could not change them once you did. Also had extra tubes taped inside the towers.

Lights in the main towers and stub-towers ...
Ride the Zipper?
mikecroaro
Friday, August 3, 2018 7:18:03 PM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

thunderbolt,there was hispanic man that had a skywheel on the west coast he used to book at alot of those cali spots,can not remember his name also he booked a super round up.might have had his own show at one time.or part of one from pictures seen yrs ago pretty flashed up.maybe some of the west coast members could maybe tell the history of it.lot of skydivers on west coast still being set up though.seem popular there are just for the flash of them.i think powers&thomas had west coast roots.seen butlers at state fair in cali,looked good painted a turquoise color on sizzors and trailer,with bio of piece on front scenery.




The Latin man was Manuel Martinez. He worked with Western Pacific Shows back in the 1970's. Later his organization was MLM Amusements. The MLM SkyWheel is/was on the Davis Enterprises lot. Davis also has/had the MLM Sky Diver on his lot. Last I heard Manuel Martinez was working on one of Butler's units.

Mike
mikecroaro
Friday, August 3, 2018 7:19:54 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Did Western Pacific Shows ( the Lopez brothers) have a Skywheel?



Western Pacific Shows (later Pacific Coast Shows) did have one. It was Yellow with white wheels.
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0