• 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 7, 2004 4:38:14 PM
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 7, 2004 4:42:54 PM
Now tell us the rest of the story, you bought it right? $15k?
UserPostedImage
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
Wednesday, January 7, 2004 4:58:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

You got me. I've wanted one ever since my youth. Remember watching the guy working for Nolan who was posted at the top helping to get the cars out of the tunnel and started down the spiral, all the while thinking someday, someday...
[;)]

UserPostedImage

Cstephens
Wednesday, January 7, 2004 6:43:47 PM
i'm glad that someone bought conklin's toboggan. hope that buyer isn't someone who works for a scrap or salvage yard
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, January 8, 2004 6:57:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bairbros

Quote:

quote:

You got me. I've wanted one ever since my youth. Remember watching the guy working for Nolan who was posted at the top helping to get the cars out of the tunnel and started down the spiral, all the while thinking someday, someday...
[;)]

I've seen two different ones running numerous times here in Michigan and never saw any problems with the cars getting out of the tunnel - what's the deal with that?
Skywheelrider
Thursday, January 8, 2004 7:22:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

[;)]

I've seen two different ones running numerous times here in Michigan and never saw any problems with the cars getting out of the tunnel - what's the deal with that?

I also have seen many Toboggan's here in Michigan over the years, and have only occassionally seen cars stop at the top, then move along on their own with no push from anyone. I have seen Toboggan's from Skerbeck Brothers Shows, Wade Shows, Crown Amusements, Cumberland Valley Shows, Pugh Shows, and World of Pleasure/Link Shows. Interesting, must be a scary position at the top of the tower looking down in. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, January 8, 2004 11:06:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

[;)]

You could of had the one of your dreams at the Nolan Scrap metal err...auction it was only $3000 I thought for sure Wes was going to buy it for you Lance. How about Joe Lanes Toboggan that was at Lima it was just as nice as Nolans....lol
cny_chris
Thursday, January 8, 2004 11:25:21 AM
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/07/2004 : 9:58:24 PM by bairbros

quote:

Better watch out, Bossman will be calling before too long, wanting you to book it on with him as his super spectacular.[;)] LOL![:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
bdcbbq
Thursday, January 8, 2004 1:10:52 PM
I was foreman of Wade's for 8 years. The ride grinds more money than you may think. The main benefit is that they rarely stop running. Even in slow spots someone is always walking up to ride it. Setup and teardown wasn't bad. Maintainance was kind of a pain unless you really kept up on it.
Bruce
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
Thursday, January 8, 2004 1:47:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

i'm glad that someone bought conklin's toboggan. hope that buyer isn't someone who works for a scrap or salvage yard

I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure the yards aren't paying fifty cents a pound.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rdcolles

I spent a week sitting across from a Turn Tyke on the same show watching a guy push the cars up the hill if that explains anything.
ATTENTION 2ndGen: Above statements are just things I have observed. Before you get riled up, I am not, as they say here, bashing.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

You could of had the one of your dreams at the Nolan Scrap metal err...auction it was only $3000 I thought for sure Wes was going to buy it for you Lance.

Yeah he's pretty good about that, remember he got you the boat motors you never used. [;)]

UserPostedImage

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, January 8, 2004 3:16:33 PM

I spent a week sitting across from a Turn Tyke on the same show watching a guy push the cars up the hill if that explains anything.
ATTENTION 2ndGen: Above statements are just things I have observed. Before you get riled up, I am not, as they say here, bashing.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

You could of had the one of your dreams at the Nolan Scrap metal err...auction it was only $3000 I thought for sure Wes was going to buy it for you Lance.

Yeah he's pretty good about that, remember he got you the boat motors you never used. [;)]

The Boat motors are on now it just took a while....the best $6 ride parts you can get. there is enough motors left for 3 rides...lol I forgot about the fine piece of engineering the Turn Tyke.It's the kiddie ride of all kiddie rides. Just make sure you wear your safty gl***** and watch for fallind debris.
Ross
  •  Ross
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, January 9, 2004 6:09:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bdcbbq

I was foreman of Wade's for 8 years. The ride grinds more money than you may think. The main benefit is that they rarely stop running. Even in slow spots someone is always walking up to ride it. Setup and teardown wasn't bad. Maintainance was kind of a pain unless you really kept up on it.

What were you guys putting through in a hour/day?
'DO YOU WANNA GO F-A-S-T-E-R?'
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, January 9, 2004 2:51:46 PM
Any clue who bought Conklin's Toboggan?
bdcbbq
Friday, January 9, 2004 3:44:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ross

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bdcbbq

What were you guys putting through in a hour/day?

I honestly don't know. The best answer I can give is that the owner Red Wood told me that it wasn't the highest grossing ride when it was busy but it grinded away. Where I believe it did its best was when it was sort of slow to moderately busy because you always kept it running and would run more people than you would on a cycle of the skywheel or a himalaya, etc. Red used to always take it to the State Fair of Texas. He wouldn't of done that if it didn't make him some money.
Bruce
RideMan
Saturday, January 10, 2004 11:23:26 AM
Is this the same Toboggan that I saw in the summer of 2000 all by itself, racked on a trailer and rusting away in a field outside Batavia, NY (right down the road from Darien Lake)? I remember seeing a faded Conklin logo on the nearby building.....

--Dave Althoff, Jr.