DrNickRiviera995
Monday, December 28, 2015 8:13:13 AM
Since were probably just a few weeks out from the new catalog dropping and things have been dead here lately, thought I'd throw this up here. Anyone hear any rumblings about 2016? What would be at the top of wishlists?

The things I still really want are:

Enterprise
Pirate with traditional theme
Hully Gully (full size Mack version)
Schwarzkopf Looper either 2 loop TesteTreck or 5 loop Olympia
SideWinder
Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:34:51 AM
Originally Posted by: DrNickRiviera995 

Since were probably just a few weeks out from the new catalog dropping and things have been dead here lately, thought I'd throw this up here. Anyone hear any rumblings about 2016? What would be at the top of wishlists?

The things I still really want are:

Enterprise
Pirate with traditional theme
Hully Gully (full size Mack version)
Schwarzkopf Looper either 2 loop TesteTreck or 5 loop Olympia

Good luck, it won't happen....your getting the Wave Swinger re done "Updated"
DrNickRiviera995
Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:22:05 AM
According to Faller on Facebook, the new catalog is due up tomarrow if I understand the translations. And Faller replied to questions about carnival kits hinting that there may be both a new ride and a re-released or re-themed version of an older ride.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.36% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:21:04 PM
The updated wave swinger, a new Dodgem version plus some transport and LQ trailers. Oh, yeah, a Mouse kids show too.
DrNickRiviera995
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:04:51 PM
Yep, disappointed yet again. Once in a while they pull something nice out, but not this year again unfortunately.
Stephen F.
Saturday, September 24, 2016 2:55:04 AM
You have no idea how happy I am that they re-released the Zierer Wave Swinger with the correct theme. When they released the clown version in ~2004 I had gotten burnt out on the hobby. I was able to a lot of work to source a better graphics package from a nearby owner of the real thing so I was all ready for this kit.

I had been kicking myself for not getting this model for years. Every year I'd check Ebay once or twice to see if there was one in a box but just this summer I discovered it was rereleased with the correct theme. So I have it now in a box, I'll attempt to build it after I've done some easier kits (haven't built any model since 2002).

I like a lot of the Faller models I missed like the Space Roller and the Pirat but I dislike the themes they have. The Pirat with the cruze ship theme doesn't do it for me. Its likely they'll come out with the traditional Pirat theme at some point so I'll wait. The Space Roller has a lame clown theme (they must not have such a negative view of clowns in germany). I'd have to find someone that has a Space Roller retheme for the Space Roller model... Anyone have any ideas?

I really think im going to have to try to learn German again for this hobby. 99% of the folks in this hobby are German. I tried taking German when going to University but I had such a bad teacher I had to drop out, I ended up taking Italian. I got through it but I didnt learn a thing. I'm thinking maybe Rosetta Stone for German might work.

I also recently picked up Faller Circus World (German kiddie convy ride). It was out of print so I ebayed it from a german seller. I'm still waiting for that to arrive. I remember liking it when it came out but I had grown tired of the hobby. I'm really only back into it now because I injured myself badly from road bicycling AND I can actually expand my layout. I still have several Faller rides still in boxes like the Jupiter wheel, Power Tower, Indiago, and several concessions.

So the question is, what's the new Faller Kirmes modells for 2017? Hopefully a 1970s Huss Pirat! It would be very easy for them to do this. It just needs new decals, two new signs, and a new boat.
DrNickRiviera995
Sunday, October 2, 2016 4:50:28 PM
I really wish they would do the traditional Pirat too, I don't understand why they choose all these weird themes for the rides, same with the original Wave Swinger they did. I've seen a couple of modelers pull off really good conversions of the Funship, but I would rather keep holding out hope they will do a regular Pirat one of these years.

Would also love an Enterprise, they haven't really done anything great in a few years, maybe next year we finally get something decent.