thunderbolt85
Friday, December 11, 2015 10:42:53 AM
Hey Guys, take a look at this video and tell me if I am seeing things or not, but it looks like there are two center loads on the train for a Flying Bobs/Thunderbolt.

I do see what I think is the Thunderbolt tub load later on, but was wondering about the other, this was taken in September.

Tornado
Friday, December 11, 2015 11:34:29 AM
Yes that is a Flying Bob’s center. My understanding is that they traded a generator for it with Wheelock. Plan to use it for parts to keep the Thunder Bolt maintained.
carnivalguy135
Friday, December 11, 2015 12:39:47 PM
Now My Question is do they actually use all there equipment every week if not do they have to unload everything just to get to the stuff they need.
SideWinder
Friday, December 11, 2015 2:20:13 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalguy135 

Now My Question is do they actually use all there equipment every week if not do they have to unload everything just to get to the stuff they need.

They can break the train at any point to get off what they need to use....And YES they got the Flying Bobs center load from Wheelock for parts for their Thunder Bolt.
carnivalguy135
Friday, December 11, 2015 2:58:23 PM
ridejocky
Friday, December 11, 2015 7:35:57 PM
Did they cut the top off? I thought the bobs center was too high for the train.
Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 12, 2015 8:56:10 PM
Wheelock cut the top off that Bobs a number of years ago. The thunderbolt is an '85 model and I think the Bobs was from that same era so they must have a lot of common parts. And at most spots everything comes off the train.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:03:52 AM
If they know they aren't going to use certain equipment in the next spot, they have the option to hold it till last to load that way it's at the end and doesn't have to come off those cars. "Poles to the front", comes off first
thunderbolt85
Monday, December 14, 2015 7:16:42 AM
Thanks for the updates/info everyone, I believe when they used to have their old Flying Bobs it rode the train with the top...but could be wrong on that.

Don't they unload everything each time....I have heard the train can get "cut" several times by the railroad during movement, and can arrive at location mixed up, could have heard wrong though.
ridejocky
Monday, December 14, 2015 9:00:09 AM
The bobs center went over the road when I was on the show.

Ride the Zipper?