carnivalkits
Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:48:48 PM
This is my model of the one owned by Big O Shows. It is engine driven and I have tried to match the actual ride as close as I could. It comes in four parts, The trailer is one piece, the sweeps are assembled and just get put into the mast, The tub axles are inserted into the sweeps and the fence is put in place. There is really no assembly required only painting and putting the parts in place as stated. Here is a link to the finished model runing.

https://www.shapeways.co...ion=Rock+O+Plane&s=0 

There are also quite a few other models available.
tom
  •  tom
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, October 30, 2015 10:26:25 AM
Looks Great! Do you ever sleep ha, ha They just keep coming they all look Great!
carnivalkits
Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:00:49 PM
Thanks, Tom. I do try to make them more detailed than I am able to do by hand and I revise them till I am happy with the end product. I have built the miniature racers and bulgy (both running), Rock O Plane running, Raiders static, bees static, Sizzler static, Hurricane running and YOYO static.. I hope to have all the rides on the site revised so they will all be capble of running. I am going to need a bigger cabinet soon. My latest that is in the works is the Wacky Worm. I have the train done and the track in its second revision. I hope to have it on the site in a month or so. Just depends on how the fish are biting and the honey do list. ha ha ha
SideWinder
Saturday, October 31, 2015 7:57:23 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

Thanks, Tom. I do try to make them more detailed than I am able to do by hand and I revise them till I am happy with the end product. I have built the miniature racers and bulgy (both running), Rock O Plane running, Raiders static, bees static, Sizzler static, Hurricane running and YOYO static.. I hope to have all the rides on the site revised so they will all be capable of running. I am going to need a bigger cabinet soon. My latest that is in the works is the Wacky Worm. I have the train done and the track in its second revision. I hope to have it on the site in a month or so. Just depends on how the fish are biting and the honey do list. ha ha

Rich, let me know when you get the Yo-Yo all set so it can operate and I'll be right in line to buy one....[:d] [:d]
carnivalkits
Saturday, October 31, 2015 9:52:43 PM
I have it able to raise and lower and turn but do not think I will be able to get the tilt. Just not enough room to do it and stay anywhere close to scale, at least for me. The big problem I am having is haning the seats, just don't have the patience or the skill. I think I will use thin wire and slide the chain over that and see how that looks.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, October 31, 2015 10:48:06 PM
All the Yoyo's I've seen in recent years didn't tilt anyway so that might not be a problem unless you're modelling a 70's or 80's midway. LOL
SideWinder
Sunday, November 1, 2015 11:48:25 AM
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

I have it able to raise and lower and turn but do not think I will be able to get the tilt. Just not enough room to do it and stay anywhere close to scale, at least for me. The big problem I am having is haning the seats, just don't have the patience or the skill. I think I will use thin wire and slide the chain over that and see how that looks.

I'm not looking for the tilt part, all I need it to do is spin around and go up and down. Since I've built a Cummons Swinger, I have tons of chain left and yes I do have patience so I will just measure up the length I will need and go from there. All I need is the kit to assemble it.

I can then take it with me when I go visit Don Cummons and we can motorize it and stuff....He is a genius when it comes to that stuff.

He ended up getting my Speedway running again that I bought from Laser Tech Studios, the drive fell apart 3 times and I even sent it back once for Anthony to re build and when I got it back, then very next show I had, it fell apart again. So Don did some modifications and put his own motor in and it runs perfectly now....Needless to say I will never buy anything else motorized from Anthony again. The static stuff is great that he offers and I'll continue to purchase that stuff however.
carnivalkits
Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:18:25 PM
when are you going back to dons? I will re do the topworks for a solid tiltles center and let you know when It is good to go. Send me your email and I will send you pictures of the model and some more information.

RIch

Sorry my email is carnivalkits@aol.com