Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 26, 2015 11:09:20 AM
Anyone know how who is playing this fair in October? SMA played last two years since they no longer in business just wondered.
Sponsor
Carnivalbuff
Saturday, September 26, 2015 6:16:52 PM
My guess would be B and K Carnival Company who purchased the show from Mr. and Mrs. Clark.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, September 27, 2015 5:32:18 AM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

My guess would be B and K Carnival Company who purchased the show from Mr. and Mrs. Clark.



Yeah I was thinking that too. But you never know what they going to do.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:08:49 AM
lol actual lol acording to our local signage for are fair lol they still excist lol

Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:52:22 PM
Just found out problem with getting in contact with who bought out SMA. There is no fair this year. That's the first time in about 80 years no fair being held. Pretty sad! These folk have never had their ducks in a row.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, October 1, 2015 5:27:17 AM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Just found out problem with getting in contact with who bought out SMA. There is no fair this year. That's the first time in about 80 years no fair being held. Pretty sad! These folk have never had their ducks in a row.[/quote





Heard yesterday they are gonna have one in 2016. They are hoping to find new show to play it!

thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 1, 2015 9:48:27 AM
Its been so long since I been down there, is this fair near Sumter or maybe the Florence fair?
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:13:58 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Its been so long since I been down there, is this fair near Sumter or maybe the Florence fair?



39 Miles just south of Charlotte
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:06:03 AM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

39 Miles just south of Charlotte




Ok, yeah remember now, we jumped out of Monroe to there. But we took some equipment to another spot too near Columbia, festival, not sure if its still around.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:55:50 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Ok, yeah remember now, we jumped out of Monroe to there. But we took some equipment to another spot too near Columbia, festival, not sure if its still around.



What show were you with at that time?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 1, 2015 1:49:33 PM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

What show were you with at that time?




Childress Shows, back in the early 90's.

I am pretty sure the same fair, but all we did at the time was drop off the Sea Ray, and then we went back and moved other rides to the festival. The rest of the show moved into the fair the next day. Course I am getting old and my memory doesn't serve me as well anymore.

Never got to see the fair because we were always at the festival and then we jumped up into Laurens.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:48:48 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Childress Shows, back in the early 90's.

I am pretty sure the same fair, but all we did at the time was drop off the Sea Ray, and then we went back and moved other rides to the festival. The rest of the show moved into the fair the next day. Course I am getting old and my memory doesn't serve me as well anymore.

Never got to see the fair because we were always at the festival and then we jumped up into Laurens.



Yeah that was the good old days! I remember Childress shows. They use to play the Monroe fair some years back. I believe it was on Williams road. Childress booked on some rides for our fair about the same time Larry's Amusements played our fair. Then after that it was Lawrence Carr they played it a longtime. My memory getting bad too...LOL
thunderbolt85
Friday, October 2, 2015 6:05:29 AM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Yeah that was the good old days! I remember Childress shows. They use to play the Monroe fair some years back. I believe it was on Williams road. Childress booked on some rides for our fair about the same time Larry's Amusements played our fair. Then after that it was Lawrence Carr they played it a longtime. My memory getting bad too...LOL




You don't happen to have any pictures of Larry's do you, been looking for some, I have only seen about two pictures of plants/rolling stock.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, October 2, 2015 10:29:13 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

You don't happen to have any pictures of Larry's do you, been looking for some, I have only seen about two pictures of plants/rolling stock.



Sorry man no photos....But remember the days though
Users browsing this topic